lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #1
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 95 Regen 1 rebuild to series!

Ok, so last year I picked up a 48V DS for nothing. It is a regen 1 with the old T-shaped controller. I decided to start to rebuild it into a series cart. I have put in a 36V series motor and installed a MCOR conversion kit. Next I have to get into the wires!!! I am not electrical and frankly, it has me a bit worried! I have purchased an Alltrax NPX 4844, 5-0 ohmo 400 amp controller, White Rogers 586-48V HD solenoid with 1 amp diod & 470 ohm resistor and a HD F/R lever. I also bought a set of US 8V batteries this week. I have a LV4800 charger that is an automatic 25amp charger so I will not be using the OBC. I know going from regen to series that I will have a ton of extra wites, right? Can somebody point me in the right dirrection for a wiring diagram for this setup? Also, if something looks wrong with my set up, please tell me before I blow something up!
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 Regen 1 rebuild to series!

The NPX controllers are stock replacement controllers. These less expensive controls are built on the short 1204 & 06 platform (small heatsink) they are not recommended for carts with taller tires or rear seats. I think a long body (1205 footprint) AXE would have been a better choice for the long run.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:36 PM   #3
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Speaking of heatsink, what is used to attach the controler to it? Scotty, I don't have a back seat or big tires. I may upgrade the controler someday but now, I just want to get it running.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:39 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Aluminum is the best heat sink. The thicker the better. Ribbed or finned = even better.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:48 AM   #5
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Aluminum is the best heat sink. The thicker the better. Ribbed or finned = even better.
Sorry Scotty, I wasn't very clear. I ment do you need some kind of adheasive or something between the heatsink and controler? I know when I replaced the rectifier in my powerdrive charger it came with some kind of thermopaste.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
Sorry Scotty, I wasn't very clear. I ment do you need some kind of adheasive or something between the heatsink and controler? I know when I replaced the rectifier in my powerdrive charger it came with some kind of thermopaste.
I don't see it used but it certainly wouldn't hurt.
In this case it may help ...
Old 05-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #7
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have looked all in the stickeys and don't see a diagram of a 48V series with a MCOR. Does somebody have a diagram for this setup? Also, I need some connectors and bolts to connect wites to the controler. What should I buy and can somebody post a good pic of their installed ALLTRAX? I have nothing for comparision.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car