lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
G1159boy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default brittle piston rings for the 350

Hi guys, the 350 rebuild is going good. Got the new valves seated, rockers, and cam installed, but ran into a problem with the piston rings. I opened one new set of rings to find pieces of broken rings. Looked at the other set to find the same issue. the metal is very brittle and breaks in your hand. Any one have this happen? I ordered all the parts from LVS and they have another set coming in the mail. I guess I'll wait to see what the replacements look like and go from there.

Dave P.
G1159boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
BLakeside
Gone Wild

Default Re: brittle piston rings for the 350

G Boy Although I don't have any dealings with the 350 I have been building motorcycle, auto and aircraft engines for 40 years all piston compression rings are brittle. if not packed or shipped correctlly they can break. Be careful during install not to spread to far open.
Barry
BLakeside is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO