lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2017, 01:49 PM   #11
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Gonna Go Lithium (I Think!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank624 View Post
I'm also building a 14 cell lithium battery pack with the 82AH Leaf modules, would you happen to have a diagram to wire them in parallel?

Here is how my pack is wired. I can email you the pdf if the pic doesn’t work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2017, 03:36 PM   #12
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I'm also building a 14 cell lithium battery pack with the 82AH Leaf modules, would you happen to have a diagram to wire them in parallel?
Hi Frank,
Both Nick and I looked at what that would take and Nick won't even attempt it. It will take some very creative cabling to make it work. You cannot put two (-) terminals together in order to parallel them with buss bars, they cannot be separated in order to accomplish that. My email address garyallen@cfl.rr.com
Gary

Last edited by PingEye3; 12-09-2017 at 04:13 PM.. Reason: change message
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:13 PM   #13
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Frank, see attached pdf. This is what it will take to parallel them and use a BMS from Nick at EV Battery Center. I will be doing another drawing to show the ZEVA BMS 12-16 connections to the pack. ZEVA is a very good BMS from Australia that E36Racer is using on his pack. I spoke to Nick about this brand two weeks ago and it got high marks from him. Nick knows Ian at ZEVA personally. So if you are getting ready to make your pack and have modules in hand, you will most likely need a ZEVA BMS. I am waiting to get information on Nick and post it on an earlier thread I created today.

Link to the ZEVA BMS:
12-16 Cell Integrated Battery Management System
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lithium 7 Double-Cell 120AH Pack - Tap Harness.pdf (187.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by PingEye3; 12-10-2017 at 12:01 AM.. Reason: REPLACE FILE WITH UPDATED VERSION
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:14 AM   #14
frank624
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Frank, see attached pdf. This is what it will take to parallel them and use a BMS from Nick at EV Battery Center. I will be doing another drawing to show the ZEVA BMS 12-16 connections to the pack. ZEVA is a very good BMS from Australia that E36Racer is using on his pack. I spoke to Nick about this brand two weeks ago and it got high marks from him. Nick knows Ian at ZEVA personally. So if you are getting ready to make your pack and have modules in hand, you will most likely need a ZEVA BMS. I am waiting to get information on Nick and post it on an earlier thread I created today.

Link to the ZEVA BMS:
12-16 Cell Integrated Battery Management System

Thank you for the correction, really appreciate all your help.
frank624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car