lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2017, 01:48 PM   #1
RXLuke
Getting Wild

Club Car

Question 97 DS Batteries any good?

Hey everyone,

I have recently overhauled a 1997 DS which came with some PD+ batteries. After doing a lot of digging, I have found that these batteries were used by Club Car. Therefore, I'm guessing that my cart was resold at sometime in its life by a certified dealer and the batteries were replaced then. I haven't found any information as to how good they actually are.

The batteries are 5 years old and they hold a steady charge of 50.4 for a few days after they are unplugged from maintainer. I installed a voltmeter on the dash when overhauling the cart and it consistently reads somewhere around 48.5-49.5 volts. Going uphill, it drops to around 46 give or take 0.5 volts.

For those of you that have extensive knowledge of carts, are these good readings? The cart is not lifted, not will it ever be, and has no performance parts on it... just a back seat for 2 added. Is this pack good to go for at least a little while longer?

ThanKs!
RXLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2017, 03:14 PM   #2
shaffer88
Gone Wild

Default 97 DS Batteries any good?

No way sea about those exact batteries. But good numbers for being 5 years old. I would stop leaving it unplugged for a few days and keep it charged other than that, drive it till the wheels fall off
shaffer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:22 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 97 DS Batteries any good?

Those batteries typically last about 3 years in golf course applications.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car