lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #11
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: liner actuator to swich from f to r

I have one on a build. I used a 2" stroke which is almost to short. I flipped the handle and bracket so it was on inside and attached it to the actuator. If something went wrong I could discount and manual shift.
Here's where it starts
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...mp-fox-11.html
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2022, 08:43 AM   #12
Davidson310
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig tn View Post
I have one on a build. I used a 2" stroke which is almost to short. I flipped the handle and bracket so it was on inside and attached it to the actuator. If something went wrong I could discount and manual shift.
Here's where it starts
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...mp-fox-11.html
OK, so based off of Craigs build spec I built mine similar BUT a little bit different, I used the 4" throw actuator ( and now after its been installed i wish i would have had the 2" (the opposite of craigs statement) I kept everything mounted stock, including my hand control. BUT i drilled a new hole at the top of the cable mount plate that rotates when the handle is moved. I put a bolt through that hole and through the actuator shaft. then I made the actuator extend so when it is "IN" reverse it will hit the reverse sensor and make my siren run. From that i marked a hole to tell me where the base of my actuator would sit on the seat cross-members. Drilled and set a screw to hold the bracket, and then installed a momentary reverse polarity switch.

The actuator "head" is mounted to the seat base bracketry, and it sits above the battery, If i knew for sure, i would tell you to get the 2" throw option, but i am not sure if mounting would be possible as the air induction box is taller than the battery and you could run into clearance issues.... The main reason i am saying to do the 2" is because the 4" has the option to hyper extend the lines and connections if you forget to stop holding the button trying to shift into forward... but when shifting into reverse you know when to stop because the arm hits the button and sirens that your in reverse! sort of a "WIN-WIN"!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19422836318...53.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13402440441...53.m2749.l2649

Davidson310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 09:37 PM   #13
steve1200
Not Yet Wild

First post here, I thought I would share my effort at an electric shifter. I used a motor for retractable headlights, from a pontiac fiero. I has built in torque limiting switches so when it reaches the end of travel the switches open and stop the motor. Moves from F to R in about 1 second. The arm on the selector shaft is from a hvac pneumatic damper linkage. I hand filed the hole square to fit the selector shaft. The length of throw can be adjusted by moving the attaching point along the arm. I plan to replace the aluminum rod I used for the linkage with threaded rod and clevis yoke ends or spherical ends. This all fits my 01 workhorse with no mods. One caveat with the torque limit switch design is, there must be something solid to stop the travel at the desired stop point. There is a pin on the plate that the cable ends attach to, that move in a arched slot on the mounting bracket, which serves as a travel stop in both directions, which proved to be of adequate strength to stop the actuator.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220910_174922.jpg (209.5 KB, 0 views)
steve1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center