lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
biggunn
Not Yet Wild

Default cushman golfcart motor swap

hello, im new to this thread and golfcarts ,i have a 2004 yam electric which i love to ride but it was a gift so i try to baby it ,but my cushman one i traded for is different it is diamond plated like a toolbox but old looks factory already has a 16 hp briggs v twin somthing wrong starter wont spin over fast enough people was riding two yrs ago papa died so they swaped me for my old bigbear ,,,anyway since it already had briggs in it will clone engine use same clutch belt system plenty of room actually clone eng is taller 5 inches does gas tank come off clones im disabled right let siatac nerve its useless so cart seem easier than 4 wheeler ,,any help info would be appreciated ,,do i use lawnmower battery or small car ,does clone engine shaft taper towards end in my ebay pic seem so noticed after purchase ,but says 1 inch ive tried to match info on these all i could pretty close in most places i looked but you guys are hands on doing it thanks
biggunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: cushman golfcart motor swap

I have not seen any of the clone shafts taper only the generator type motors ... hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I would investigate repairing that engine first, but sure a clone will work but you would have to change things it is some work. Yes the tank comes off, most people run the stock cart gas tank with the cart or bought pump. Most all lawn engines are 1" shaft a few 1 1/8, smaller engines 3/4. So odds are it is a 1", if not it is a special engine. The cart engines are taper shaft like snowmobiles are, and it is different than a generator engine is. Most carts are 30mm taper.

A 16hp vanguard is a better engine than a clone, so if you could fix it for same money you will be ahead and a lot less work. A 13hp clone is a copy of a honda single and the 16hp clone is a stroked version and actually 15hp. They don't have oil pumps most twins do, though no yamaha carts have pumps they are all splash. But the price is right on the clones you can't beat that. I'll be putting in the second one this spring.

Best to get a cheap car battery with posts the right direction the cart needs, they are around $40 at walmart/etc. The cheapest universal car battery will start a cart for many years. A friend of mine gave me a battery out of his pickup truck that got weak in the winter, I ran it for three years and it died last fall.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
biggunn
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for ur info ive regrettivly already paid for clone motor but have been getting run around about tracking and ship my cushman cart hasent much id except comet sticker on axle housing and painted over plate body is diamond plate and innerfenders are fiberglass funny leafs pointing forward in front and big springs in back on bar real low to ground will any ezgo lift work if i use v twin clone will sale cheaper than i paid unless ship kills it or v twinwill sale or trade for lift or somthing thanks again you guys are great thanks again
biggunn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
changing, vanguard to duramax 16
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps