lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2007, 11:22 AM   #1
jsntarant
Not Yet Wild

Default need help with new cart-big wheels/electric system/lift

I just bought a 93 G9 from a local dealer...it was used in a energy factory of some sort cuz its still got the stickers on it...

needs some repair on the body, but thats ok, gonna mod it all up anyway. I have researched all over the site to try to answer my questions, but cant find the specific answers I am looking for

so here is what I want to do with this cart...I have a car customizing business and want to use this to run around at car shows and such, maybe throw some models on it cruisin around. So it will be a show cart/demo vehicle that i want big wheels (18's or 20's), custom paint & graphics, audio/video...just make it tricked out to appeal to the custom crowd-plus it'l be fun to drive in i think.

I know that I have to lift the cart, i know about wheel adaptors, but can anyone tell me the process or steer me in the right direction to put on the big wheels.

I know the cart is 36v system, I will change out all the batteries to dep cycle batteries, I know I need more power to run all the extras, how can i wire the other battery(or batteries) to be charged with the others while its charging when i throw it on the charger?

Those are my big questions now, and I will post pics up of the cart and progress, etc soon...

Great forum so far and lots of knowlegable people

Jason
jsntarant is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2007, 12:07 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: need help with new cart-big wheels/electric system/lift

Rims from an older Honda Civic will work without having to get adaptors. You will just need to find the rim style that you like for an old Civic.

You may also want to put new bodies on it rather than try to repair the G8 panels. Most people like the G14+ look better than the G8 anyway.

Personally, I'd upgrade to 48V and use a high performance D&D motor with a 700 amp controller. You can also send the motor to EMP (middle link in my signature) for a "Lightning Redesign." EMP is a sponsor of this site, so I'm sure they would appreciate the business.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 09:38 PM   #3
jsntarant
Not Yet Wild

thanks NO NO!

can i find some sites for bodies doing a google search on cart bodies ya think?
Old 12-08-2007, 09:44 PM   #4
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

You can click one of the first two links in my signature and save yourself a lot of time. They are great guys!!! You may have to call them, though, because they don't list a whole lot on their sites. They can get them for you!!
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:16 PM   #5
jsntarant
Not Yet Wild

in case anyone is confused, looking for something like that effect

think i will have any probs with an electric cart and all the added weight from the wheels?

like i said, lots of cool plans at least, we'll see how it turns out and i'll keep you guys up to date with pics as i go

thanks again no no
Old 12-08-2007, 10:37 PM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

No problem with an electric unless it has a low ratio gear. I haven't seen one of those bodys offered for the masses...it may be a one off custom
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:26 AM   #7
jsntarant
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
No problem with an electric unless it has a low ratio gear. I haven't seen one of those bodys offered for the masses...it may be a one off custom
Thanks roady...yea I know the body is not available, just using it as an example...we will build something custom for it. good to hear though that there should be no problem with the electric pulling the weight
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha