lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2022, 05:57 PM   #1
Kortoga
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default TXTE-48V 2010 - Stops running, I switch to Tow, back to Run & it does it again

EZGO, TXT-48V, 2010 model, lifted. Batts are charged.
Cart has run good since I bought her in 2015.
My Battery charger is the AccuSense Charge series. 1RB-48F017E42
I am sure it is not the battery charge or charger that is the problem. I just want to give as much info as possible.

Battery cables are in good condition, terminations are good, Batts have water, voltage is good, cables are good, no corrosion, all is clean, I try to keep the battery area good to go.
I took all battery terminations off, cleaned them, and back on.

Problem:
Recently I will step on the pedal (concrete or grass) and the cart will start to move then immediately shut down and stop. If I step on it hard it happens immediately. If I slowly step on it and make the cart go really slow I might be able to advert the shut down for 10-20 seconds. However, the shut down does happen at some point.
I then get off, raise the seat, turn the Run/Tow switch to Tow then back to Run.
I get on it and can repeat what I just described above.

Any suggestions on where to start? Thank you
Kortoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2022, 07:29 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: TXTE-48V 2010 - Stops running, I switch to Tow, back to Run & it does it again

What are your battery voltages? It sounds like the voltage is sagging when you step on the gas which indicates either bad batteries or a very bad connection to them.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 08:21 PM   #3
Kortoga
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXTE-48V 2010 - Stops running, I switch to Tow, back to Run & it does it again

Thank you Volt_Ampere,
I will check in the morning. Should I shoot the voltage stopped, then when stepping on the pedal? Gonna be a little tricky, but I can manage.
Old 06-29-2022, 08:22 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Step on it slowly so it runs for a few seconds and see how much the voltage drops.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 01:47 PM   #5
Kortoga
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Volt_Ampere, Sorry for getting back late. The batteries were dead, down to 3.24 Volts each. My charger (which will keep these charged every 28 days) was not plugged into the cart like I thought for the past few months. So I have had to get them each boosted with a 12 Volt charger. Now my battery charger will turn on. And has gotten the entire pack to 50.83V. 8.43V per battery.

Once the charger would charge, the charger took about 1.5 days to get to the "charged" state and turn off.

The problem I explained earlier was going on about 3 months ago. At that time I had not had time to troubleshoot it like I do now. Now that I have my batteries charged I am going to shoot the voltage while I drive it. And will report the results back.

Thank you...
Old 07-09-2022, 02:28 PM   #6
Kortoga
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Hard wired my multimeter up to the 48V and got ready to run her to watch the voltage. I already have a meter in the dash that helps me see when I need to come in for a charge. This dash meter only comes on when the key is turned to ON.
However, I wanted my trusty multimeter connected since I use this for work and trust it.

Tow switch is in RUN. FWD/RVRS switch is center. I turn the key to ON. My meter was reading 50.8, the dash was 50.4.
I switch to RVRS and no buzzer, will not reverse. I switch to FWD and will not go FWD.
Ugh, what are your next thoughts? Thank you...
Old 07-09-2022, 02:34 PM   #7
Kortoga
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

One thing I have done so far is shoot the Run/Tow switch. I took the cover off this box, disconnected the switch at the connector and shot the switch positions. I do get continuity across the switch as I switch it in both directions. It makes and breaks as I would expect it to. In Run the run circuit is shorted, in Tow, the Tow circuit is shorted.
Old 07-09-2022, 02:56 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Check the blue wire at the charger port on the port side for pack voltage. Here is the diagram if it helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D4A11E81-0E09-4ADD-8247-E3EF496D5065.jpeg (54.3 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 03:20 PM   #9
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The solenoid will activate if there's 26 volts or more on the blue from the back of the receptacle, but with no voltage will not even click the solenoid. It sounds to me like maybe the solenoid is dropping out and losing connection when under a load.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 03:44 PM   #10
Kortoga
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Going out to check the blue wire right now. At no time do I hear the Solenoid engage. I am assuming the Solenoid should click when I turn the key to ON and then put the FWD/RVRS switch in either direction? Been driving this thing for years and could not tell you if I ever heard the Solenoid engage. Hows that for being aware of my surroundings?

I do hear a click (small click) from the charging receptacle port area (seat is removed) when I plug the charger into the charging receptacle port.

Tags
txte-48v 2010
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO