lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2022, 10:21 AM   #1
Papas 73Dart
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Obc bypass

I have a 1999 Club Car DS that has given me headaches for some time by charging when it feels like it.
I jumped the white and blue wire at the square six wire plug at the controller and also joined the charger input black negative to the main negative on the controller . Do i need to connect the gray wire to anything. I have eliminated those wires at the OBC and took the cart for a drive seems to perform great . However when i plug in the old charger it kicks in immediately and it is working without any other tricks or triggers.
There is a mew smart charger on order . Any other things i may have missed ?
It isn’t a series cart.
Papas 73Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2022, 05:41 AM   #2
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Obc bypass

Changed a charge receptacle on my 99, seems grey wire wasn't being made all the time. I'm still on OBC though,...
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 11:25 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Obc bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papas 73Dart View Post
I have a 1999 Club Car DS that has given me headaches for some time by charging when it feels like it.
I jumped the white and blue wire at the square six wire plug at the controller and also joined the charger input black negative to the main negative on the controller . Do i need to connect the gray wire to anything. I have eliminated those wires at the OBC and took the cart for a drive seems to perform great . However when i plug in the old charger it kicks in immediately and it is working without any other tricks or triggers.
There is a mew smart charger on order . Any other things i may have missed ?
It isn’t a series cart.
If the charger turns on as soon as it is plugged in it usually means the OBC has failed. There should be a delay of about 5-15 seconds from when the charger is plugged in until it turns on.
The way it is currently it will not charge properly, but should be good enough to get by until the new charger arrives. But your wiring is correct for the bypass, so when you get the new charger all you will have to do is plug it in and go. Be sure to set the correct charge profile if that's something that can be changed on your new charger.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car