lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2022, 02:17 PM   #1
revoarcher
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 93 gas club car jerky when decelerating

Can anyone help me. My 93 gas club car recently started jerking badly when not accelerating. It seems like it might be something with the governor. When I am going uphill it runs fine but when level or going down hill it jerks like it is stopping and starting. Any help would be appreciated.
revoarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2022, 03:22 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 93 gas club car jerky when decelerating

Does it do it even when going slowly on the flat or downhill? I'm wondering if you're hitting up against the RPM limiter. Going uphill would keep it under the limiters Rev threshold.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 08:17 PM   #3
revoarcher
Gone Wild

Club Car

yes even going slow and I have removed the black wire from the rev limiter so it shouldn't be the limiter.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:43 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Somewhat common for these to jerk around when the governor cable gets old and starts to stick. Remove both ends of the governor cable and see if it moves freely in the sheath. It should move VERY easily. Sometimes a bit of silicone spray inside the sheath can help. Usually you just have to replace the cable. Pay close attention to how the cable is routed. It should go under the starter gen, away from the muffler.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:18 PM   #5
revoarcher
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks I will check that this weekend. My cart is at the lake so I cant check it now so if anyone has any other suggestions on what it might be so I can check them all next weekend I would appreciate it.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:25 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I would agree with fairtax. Sounds like a sticky cable running from the governor to the carb. I’ve bought a couple carts where it was routed wrong and melted on the exhaust a little bit and was sticky. Sometimes they just get dirty and sticky.

I wouldn’t even bother trying to clean/save it if it’s bad. They’re only like 30 bucks for a new one.

It’s possible it would be adjusted wrong between the pedal and the black box and the governor. But that wouldn’t happen out of the blue like you describe.

Maybe a long shot but also might be worth checking to make sure the butterfly is still there in the carb. That would give you an “all or nothing” type pedal response so you’re either wide open full throttle or “off”. On flat ground or downhill it could be “jerky” because it’s hitting the rev limiter.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:34 PM   #7
revoarcher
Gone Wild

Club Car

Its not the butterfly because I put it in maintenance mode and it has full throttle response from idle to full throttle and I just put a new carb on last weekend. Would the cable stick doing this also or does the governor not control this unless driving.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:43 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Said it was a long shot

It’s always possible it’s a sticky clutch or something but I’d still check the cable. Bring your phone with you when you get to the cart and update with what you find. I will have more free time at work this week than I know what to do with afternoons and nighttime sure we can figure it out
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:46 PM   #9
revoarcher
Gone Wild

Club Car

it was doing it before the same thing before the new carb.
Old 06-27-2022, 10:04 PM   #10
revoarcher
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks everyone. Will definitely keep you updated and hopefully get this figured out and hopefully help someone else in the future.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car