lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2022, 12:57 PM   #1
patmilio22
Not Yet Wild

Default G9 Lever Shift 1

Hi all -

Recently picked up my 1st gas cart - a 94 Yamaha G9 (my '84 electric EZ Go was finally laid to rest). Thanks to the advice on this forum I have been able to get it up and running after carb, airbox, and valve adjustment work. Unfortunately the PO removed the stock shifting assembly and replaced it with a jerry-rigged system that bypassed the cables. It works, but I would like to go back to stock as I have a handle popping through the body behind the seat.
My problem is I have tracked down all of the parts needed except for Lever Shift 1 - #JG5-46382-00 (it's the piece that the shift cable ends attach to on the other end of the F-R Selector handle. See pic).
Seems like it is discontinued. Any advice on where I might find one? Maybe some super-secret, magical, new & used Yamaha parts store or something? Or a part that is close enough that I can try and make it work? Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shift.jpg (113.9 KB, 0 views)
patmilio22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2022, 10:11 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 Lever Shift 1

Someone on here probably has one laying around on an old parts cart. You might want to post a "WTB" in the parts section.

I also frequent Ebay and FB Marketplace for used parts, between the two I can usually come up with most parts.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 06:36 AM   #3
patmilio22
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G9 Lever Shift 1

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it.
patmilio22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha