lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2022, 09:50 AM   #1
Captainspiffycarts
Not Yet Wild

Default 2015 ezgo txt gas engine upgrade

I have a 2015 ezgo txt gas cart that I’m trying to swap the motor for a high performance one. I need something that is fairly easy to install without a lot of modifications necessary due to my lack of experience in this area. What is the fastest option that will bolt up to the remaining factory mechanics?
Captainspiffycarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2022, 05:07 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: 2015 ezgo txt gas engine upgrade

There are only 2 companies that I am aware of. CPP who is a sponsor here and Vegascarts. Either one makes bolt in kits. The engine you want to use and what your budget is should help you determine which way to go.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:19 AM   #3
doo dah
Gone Wild

Vegas only makes a kit for the Predator 670 vtwin to go in 2010+ EZGO. Unless you have Team clutches you are looking at over $1000 for the kit and right now 670s are $950. I'm about to do this to my 2013 once summer is over and I have time to work on the cart. No mods to the Kawasaki engine are out there other than gearing and clutch upgrades and for a clone you'd pretty much be on your own to fab a mount, wire, and set up. I'm fairly mechanically inclined and the 670 looks to be straightforward to get installed, the challenges come with wiring, choke, throttle cable, and getting the 670 to start, idle, and run good at low RPM. There are a ton of posts and people on this forum that can help along the way.
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 09:19 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainspiffycarts View Post
I have a 2015 ezgo txt gas cart that I’m trying to swap the motor for a high performance one. I need something that is fairly easy to install without a lot of modifications necessary due to my lack of experience in this area. What is the fastest option that will bolt up to the remaining factory mechanics?
Asking for "easy" and "quick" and still have "high performance" really don't go together. In my experience, anything that works well and is durable and high performing isn't going to be easy or quick to install. If you have "lack of experience" then nothing is going to be easy or quick.

With that said, if you do have mechanical ability, tools, and are familiar with engines, then a bolt in kit will be the easiest and quickest way to get what you're after. CPP will have a kit that includes the engine, parts, instructions, etc in an "all in one" package, however, they don't offer a kit for a 2015 model, only up to 2009. Vegas Carts has a kit for your cart that will use the Predator 670 engine, but does not include the engine, and you will need a lift kit on your cart to fit it in. The kit looks pretty nice and straight forward, but you still need to be familiar with basic mechanics to get the job done. I would not say this a job for anyone with no mechanical experience.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!