lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2022, 09:33 PM   #1
Oneunder
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default New batteries

I converted my 2006 Club Car to lithium using Nissan Leaf packs almost 10 years ago. It appears I had a unit go bad on me today. It sounds like leaf batteries are yesterday’s news. If I’m looking to replace my whole pack, what are my best options?
Oneunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2022, 10:31 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: New batteries

Good leaf modules are hard to find these days. My first Leaf cart has been going for 6 years and so far it's as good as when I got them. My second cart has been going for over a year - I could tell those modules were not as good as the first ones when I got them but I can still get three rounds of golf out of a charge which is ok by me. I'm not sure what I will do when I need a replacement. I hope by then there are more options.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 07:52 AM   #3
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I live in the same city as the Eco Battery guys and I have stopped by and visited with them a few times. They are a great group, seem to have a real nice setup (they are even messing with my cart and it doesn't even have their battery in it!) and are Site Sponsors. I would certainly put them at the top of your list for consideration
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 11:09 AM   #4
Oneunder
Getting Wild
Club Car

After doing a bit of research, it became obvious that the most economical solution was to purchase more Gen 1 Leaf batteries. Because they are not brand new, their Ah capacity is not a full 60 but closer to 40 Ah. Space allowed, so I choose to double the size of my pack to account for that. I was able to replace the single leaf module and add 7 additional modules ($80 a piece from Greentec auto) cheaper than converting to any other system.

I also choose to lower my Quickcharge charger shut off voltage to 75.2v from 58.1v. Hopefully this will make my batteries last a bit longer.
Oneunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car