lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2022, 10:18 AM   #1
Deleye
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Lithium battery for Accessories 12V

I am sure this has been answered in a thread some where on here but I could not find one.

I have a 93 club car with LED street legal lights, Led light strips around and under car, a 500 watt sound bar and a 40 watt LED light bar. I have a ECO 48V 105ah I am using with a 12v reducer I am using for the whole cart, just would like to take accessories completely off of it

I would like to put a 12V lithium battery to run my accessories. I do believe a 100ah would be a overkill.

What amp hour battery and brand would anyone recommend to hold up for a good day before recharging. Would like to keep it small but don't want it to give out in 2 or 3 hours if possible

Thanks in advance
Deleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2022, 10:45 AM   #2
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lithium battery for Accessories 12V

Use a multimeter to measure the current drawn from your reducer with all your accessories turned on. Multiply the current you measure (Amps) by the number of hours you want the accessories to run and you have the required capacity in Ah. Then find a 12v battery with at least that capacity (add a safety margin just in case).
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 10:09 AM   #3
Deleye
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lithium battery for Accessories 12V

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMJ View Post
Use a multimeter to measure the current drawn from your reducer with all your accessories turned on. Multiply the current you measure (Amps) by the number of hours you want the accessories to run and you have the required capacity in Ah. Then find a 12v battery with at least that capacity (add a safety margin just in case).
Awesome. Thats what I was looking for.

Thank you very much
Deleye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lithium
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car