lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2022, 07:36 PM   #11
TooMuchJuice
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS 2003 getting bagged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotti View Post
I'm not familiar with the front end setup on the Club Car DS. Is it a straight axle? I completely designed a front end setup for my EZGO TXT that included control arms. I know some people that have just mounted the bags to the axles with some bag plates. What do you have?
So it’sb a club car DS. 2003. The front end of an ezgo is really easy to accomplish airbags or shocks, the club car not so much. I have an old ezgo and let me tell you how many times I’ve thought about switching carts. But since I started I must forge forward.

So I had ordered Monroe “Max Air” air shocks, which showed up yesterday , like 40 miles to long for my cart. Go figure , they’re made for a car? Who’d of known?

So as I was about to give up, my buddy rolled up on his Harley, and lo and behold, he had air shocks on it, that were just the right size I needed! So I talked him out of them and will be putting them on tonight!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1DDF4051-9BB9-4C6D-98D1-1A2CD0A11A5F.jpeg (945.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5334B9BB-0444-419D-B0A0-AC607D050DC2.jpg (229.5 KB, 0 views)
TooMuchJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2022, 07:37 PM   #12
TooMuchJuice
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Wow, I started every sentence with “so I”…….oops..
Old 06-01-2022, 07:48 PM   #13
TooMuchJuice
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just saw your cart Gotti, that’s what I’m talking about! See, someone out there has done it, your profile picture is dope. Love the platform you built it on .. I did a much more ghetto version, using metal ramps from harbor freight. Yea if you notice, my front end is not open like the ezgo. It kinda looks like a fat chick in a tin can! So I’m going
To bolt on these motorcycle air shocks and fab in the brackets to do so, and hope it works.
Old 06-02-2022, 07:22 AM   #14
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looking at that front end, I would've cut it off and started over. This was my first fabrication project of this type, so I'm sure I over complicated some things but at the time it was how I saw it in my head. I've learned a lot during this journey and if I do it again, I'll definitely do some things differently.

Keep going, I'm interested to see your finished project.
gotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 12:12 PM   #15
TooMuchJuice
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Looking at that front end, I would've cut it off and started over. This was my first fabrication project of this type, so I'm sure I over complicated some things but at the time it was how I saw it in my head. I've learned a lot during this journey and if I do it again, I'll definitely do some things differently.

Keep going, I'm interested to see your finished project.
Yea that’s what I was thinking! Just gut the whole front end and rebuild it…. I may have found the solution in a pair of motorcycle air shocks… we’ll see todY how they fit. Can you send me more pics of yours or a link? That **** is SMACKED! Heeeeelllllla low! I love it!
Old 06-03-2022, 08:01 AM   #16
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchJuice View Post
Yea that’s what I was thinking! Just gut the whole front end and rebuild it…. I may have found the solution in a pair of motorcycle air shocks… we’ll see todY how they fit. Can you send me more pics of yours or a link? That **** is SMACKED! Heeeeelllllla low! I love it!
I made a custom mount where the engine attaches to the frame because it was a hard mount. The new mount allowed the engine to swing down, so now it lays frame. The control arms I designed for the front eliminated the front axel, so that took care of the rest.

I took it off shop air and used the onboard air management yesterday. I have some leaks where I used the wrong fittings. I didn't realize that the connection for the compressors were NPT and not AN. I ordered the correct connectors last night. They should be arriving today.

I'll try to remember to take some pictures.
Old 06-05-2022, 11:31 PM   #17
TooMuchJuice
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I made a custom mount where the engine attaches to the frame because it was a hard mount. The new mount allowed the engine to swing down, so now it lays frame. The control arms I designed for the front eliminated the front axel, so that took care of the rest.

I took it off shop air and used the onboard air management yesterday. I have some leaks where I used the wrong fittings. I didn't realize that the connection for the compressors were NPT and not AN. I ordered the correct connectors last night. They should be arriving today.

I'll try to remember to take some pictures.
Please do! Your my only frame of reference! Lol. Yea I currently am trying to squeeze these big *** bags in way to small of a spot. I cut out everything but the steering “thing”, and basically sat my bags on top of the control arms, then welded little “arms “ down from the body that will connect to the top of the bag. I’m feeling good , then I realize that with the steering in it’s current state, I will have to build a “yolk” on it, because it will have to articulate up and down, and is not meant for a huge range of travel. So I’ll have to figure out some splined yolk system. There has to be an easier way.
If I was confident enough, I’d rip the steering out and relocate it and problem solved! But trying to re-engineer the steering is above my pay grade. I’ll post some pics.
Old 06-06-2022, 12:17 AM   #18
TooMuchJuice
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchJuice View Post
Please do! Your my only frame of reference! Lol. Yea I currently am trying to squeeze these big *** bags in way to small of a spot. I cut out everything but the steering “thing”, and basically sat my bags on top of the control arms, then welded little “arms “ down from the body that will connect to the top of the bag. I’m feeling good , then I realize that with the steering in it’s current state, I will have to build a “yolk” on it, because it will have to articulate up and down, and is not meant for a huge range of travel. So I’ll have to figure out some splined yolk system. There has to be an easier way.
If I was confident enough, I’d rip the steering out and relocate it and problem solved! But trying to re-engineer the steering is above my pay grade. I’ll post some pics.
Hope these post… having trouble with pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (217.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-06-2022, 12:18 AM   #19
TooMuchJuice
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Tried to post several but nope…..
Old 06-06-2022, 06:26 AM   #20
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry, I didn't work on the cart any this weekend. I finally got parts in on my 1965 C10 that I ordered back in March, so I spent the weekend doing a 4 wheel disc brake conversion. Since I'm not a mechanic it took a little while. By "little while", I meant the entire weekend. Hopefully, I'll get back to the cart this week.

I completely had to rebuild my steering and frontend, so I know what you mean when it comes to that.

Tags
air ride, airbags, bagged, club car, lowrider
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!