lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2022, 12:29 PM   #21
ccy333
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Stealth 4x4 Patriot 48V Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
I don’t have mocr testing, but it’s same as club car. I looked at microswitch on mine and i have no wires on on it. I think it has to do with brake lights ( mine doesn’t work )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I traced those out and believe that you are correct in that they are connected to the brake lights. The two microswitches are connected together.
I Will rule those out as any issue that I am having unless someone suggests otherwise.
ccy333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2022, 12:32 PM   #22
ccy333
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccy333 View Post
I can not get this to format correctly. please let me know if it is unclear.
QUESTIONS:
It appears from this test that my line contactor is bad as it does not close and go to 0.0V when gas on in neutral in first test. Is there another way to test this? What exactly is "line contactor"? is there something else that could cause this test result to fail?

TEST 1
Red Lead: Battery B(+)
Black LEad: Controller B+
Key ON
Pack Voltage 50.0V

Gear Selector N F and R
GAS OFF 7.07V 7.07V
GAS ON 7.07V 0.00V

TEST 2
Red Lead: Battery B(+)
Black Lead: Controller M-
KEy ON
Pack Voltage 50.0V

Gear Gas Off Gas ON
N 7.86 7.86
F 26.37 49.9
R 26.37 49.9

TEST 3
Red Lead: Pin 3 controller with yellow wire
Black Lead: Battery Pack B(-)

No gas: 0.14V
When slowly increasing gas it will slowly rise until solenoid clicks around 0.55V continue rising until fully pressed.
When gas fully pressed: 4.62V

Anymore thoughts on this? Does this show that my controller is working properly? Are there certain things that arent working properly that will cause the controller to not function properly or to not show correct values on these tests?
Old 06-01-2022, 12:43 PM   #23
ccy333
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyroman View Post
Yep that one under the floorboard definitely looks to activate tail lights.

I've had my MCOR out a few times trying to get more speed. The splined end of that rod will go into the MCOR in any position, you just have to put it in where the eye on the other end lines up with the slot on the "Triangle". Put the bolt in but leave it loose. Then you're supposed to put your voltmeter on ohms and measure your output. I can't remember if your pedal up output is supposed to be 0 or 5000 ohms but you rotate the rod in the slot until you get there and then lock it down. When you depress the go pedal it should go all the way to the other extreme. I think it was 5000 at rest and 0 at full throttle, but don't quote me on that. I hope somebody chimes in and gives us the lowdown on that!

I did not remove any parts of the spline or the MCOR at all. I just loosened the bolts on the triangle to see if i could find a better relationship to get the gas pedal to go back up fully and still reach top speed when pressed.

Would getting that triangle in the wrong position not allow the cart to move at all, even with all four wheels off the ground?
Old 06-01-2022, 09:33 PM   #24
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Anymore thoughts on this? Does this show that my controller is working properly? Are there certain things that arent working properly that will cause the controller to not function properly or to not show correct values on these tests?
All we can do is provide you with the testing procedure. It is up to you to do the test and if something fails you have to perform the prescribed remedy.

Quote:
Would getting that triangle in the wrong position not allow the cart to move at all, even with all four wheels off the ground?
I don't think it would keep it from moving at all. The slot is just there to let you set the MCOR at the optimal position.
gyroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 09:25 AM   #25
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I was out of pocket last week. I will look at my cart and compare your photos with what mine looks like. maybe we can see something.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts