lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2021, 11:01 AM   #1
Abcvance
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Primer, paint, clear coat

Going to attempt to paint my golf cart. 1st try...body is removed from the frame. I am getting the wax/grease remover, finishing putty, and adhesion promoter from auto parts store. Have a friend that has an airless sprayer i am borrowing.
Looking for specific recommendations of brand/type of primer, paint, and clear coat to buy. Dont want to screw this up or my wife will kill me! I am just painting a single color (red), no designs or anything fancy.

Thanks in advance
Abcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2021, 11:33 AM   #2
Abcvance
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Primer, paint, clear coat

looking on amazon and found the duplicolor paint shop finish system products. Performance red and clear coat. Is that reputable? How much should i need? More than one quart?

thanks again,
Abcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 01:24 PM   #3
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Primer, paint, clear coat

Looks like no one is helping you out. I have not used that system but think it is fine. I have used different paints. One option is the Restoration Shop line at TCP Global. They offer different options for all their colors. You can single stage (no clear coat required) or you can use base/clearcoat system. Acrylic Enamel is pretty simple stuff to use. I have done several carts with it. I clear coat but as mentioned earlier it is not required. One quart should be enough. It is for me. I have always used a HVLP gun on compressed air. Hopefully the system you are borrowing is good quality and not something like a Wagner that you spray your interior walls or deck and fence with. Good luck
jamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint