lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Drivers Clubs
Drivers Clubs Club Car/Ezgo/Yamaha/etc.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2021, 10:25 AM   #1
JohnnyJohnson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO 84' Gas Marathon Barn Find

I just got a cart for free from a friend. A true barn find as he said he was driving it in the barn and it died. He pushed it to the back of the barn and never had time to look into why it died. 4 years of dust later we pulled it out and it is sitting in my garage now! LOL!

I have worked on Lawnmowers, Motorcycles, and ATV's never a golf cart so this will be interesting. First head-scratcher was looking at the wiring from the forward/reverse lever and thinking does the engine run backwards for reverse ? that is pretty crazy!

Seems like it is in pretty good shape and he said he had the carb rebuilt when he started using it and it ran really good up until it died. I did find a broken wire under the F/R lever but need to follow it and see what they go to. hoping but doubt it is that simple? will still need all the bad gas and oil cleaned out.

Not hoping to put much money into it right now, but I can see a off-road build in my future!

Non-mechanical question did they do both the metal front end and the plastic cowl for the same years? seems like I have seen pictures that are the same year but different front clips ?

I will try to add pictures when I figure it out.
JohnnyJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2022, 10:50 AM   #2
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO 84' Gas Marathon Barn Find

Clean the carb that’s what kills them
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Drivers Clubs