lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2022, 07:36 AM   #21
AdvancedEVguy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Advanced EV Board

I am a retired electrical engineer, so I kind of understand how the pedal works, but I am no expert on this type of control as I have never designed one. It is unlikely (but not impossible) they would use a pot to adjust the voltage with all the cheap, preset solid state devices out there. It is more likely, one is gain and the other is offset. In other words, the gain would affect the sensitivity of the hall effect sensor(s) that sense rotation of the shaft, via the lobed ring. The closer it gets to the sensor, the more output. If the gain is set too high, it will reach maximum output before it reaches the highest spot on the cam, which is what I think is happening. If it's set too low, you would never reach full output. I can watch the behavior using the monitor and it reaches full output long before full pedal range is reached. I did (as sleepelesstwo suggested) move the ring to get the switch to come on earlier and that at least made it drivable, but it is still not right. I adjusted it as far as I could without having it trip too easily. As you point out, that makes it non functional, since the safety feature prevents motion unless the switch can toggle between on and off. If the second pot is offset, that would affect the starting voltage that is emitted by the device, but it does indeed start at zero so I don't think that is playing a role in the problem. Now that you've made me think about it a little more, I may try to mess around with the settings. It would actually be pretty simple, just have to be mindful of the current setting position in case it gets even worse in the process. I could use the monitor with the motion switch set to neutral. That would allow me to change the pot setting and see what it does to the voltage/throttle position profile. Out of curiosity, what did the accelerator pedal cost you? I have thought of just going that route also but don't know where to get one. I've seen them online, but not sure if it's the exact same one.
AdvancedEVguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2022, 07:40 AM   #22
AdvancedEVguy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Just to be clear, the issue is that full output voltage of the pedal is reached at about two thirds of the pedal travel. A neighbor came by and had me adjust the speed on his cart and we both drove each others carts and agree there is a huge difference in response. I also looked at the voltage/position curve on his cart and it reaches full output just before it reaches full travel. It sure would be nice to get my hands on an actual adjustment procedure to ensure it is done corretly, rahter than stabbing around in the dark.
Old 06-07-2022, 12:16 PM   #23
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

RJSQ-001-LT is an OEM throttle model for LVTONG golf carts.

They’ve got the circuitry potted in silicon, should of known. Not much to see…

KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 12:17 PM   #24
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedEVguy View Post
Just to be clear, the issue is that full output voltage of the pedal is reached at about two thirds of the pedal travel. A neighbor came by and had me adjust the speed on his cart and we both drove each others carts and agree there is a huge difference in response. I also looked at the voltage/position curve on his cart and it reaches full output just before it reaches full travel. It sure would be nice to get my hands on an actual adjustment procedure to ensure it is done corretly, rahter than stabbing around in the dark.
Do you have neos controller or the new Lvtong controller?
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 03:19 PM   #25
AdvancedEVguy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Neos. I bought the CAN bus adaptor and loaded the software on a laptop.

The picture of the accelerator assembly is a little different than mine. Mine has the throttle switch mounted to the side of the case where you can see it. Makes it easy to adjust the position. When I get a chance I'll pull mine apart again and take some pics so you can see what it looks like, but for the 40 bucks I've seen them selling for I'm not sure it's even worth messing with. Then again, probably quicker than replacement, since it's apparently plugged directly into the controller.
Old 06-17-2022, 03:23 AM   #26
drrogers
Not Yet Wild

Good purchase, a friend of mine got one last month and I was impressed by the build quality. I actually recommended him after reading some reviews on Advanced EV golf carts and it didnt disappoint.
drrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 12:14 PM   #27
FZ0niner
Getting Wild

Hi Rob,

I'm looking at buying an Advanced EV Advent. Sadly I'm unable to find any reviews on it or long term tests. Wondering how yours is running and holding up. Is the frame and chassis the same on the Advanced EV1?
FZ0niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:27 AM   #28
wfyank
Not Yet Wild

Hello did you ever by the advance I am looking at one now and wonder how they hold up?
wfyank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advanced ev, advent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts