lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2020, 10:00 AM   #1
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2five Danaher question

I have an opportunity to pick up a 2five with a Danaher controller. Cart is currently not running. Code is showing either controller or motor problem. Had motor checked by electric motor shop and all appears good so I am leaning towards bad controller. My question is will a regular RXV Danaher controller work in it?
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2020, 06:58 AM   #2
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2five Danaher question

Nobody?? Also curious if there is a Curtis conversion for the 2Five? USGI? Bob Boyce? Please help. Thanks
Old 06-03-2020, 10:07 AM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
Nobody?? Also curious if there is a Curtis conversion for the 2Five? USGI? Bob Boyce? Please help. Thanks
No, an RXV Danaher will not work in a 2Five. I do have a 2Five Danaher if you need it. You can convert to a Curtis, which is why I have the Danaher one that came with my 2Five. I prefer the Curtis of course, and I already had the Curtis 2Five harness.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:16 AM   #4
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply Bob. If I can put something together on the cart today, I'll buy the Danaher off you if your wanting to sell. Let me know how much. You can PM me through here. I'll also drop you a PM with my telephone number for texting or calling.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:41 AM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Bob. If I can put something together on the cart today, I'll buy the Danaher off you if your wanting to sell. Let me know how much. You can PM me through here. I'll also drop you a PM with my telephone number for texting or calling.
I don't want to sell it, you can have it. I have no need for it. I don't have PM anymore. I'm usually too busy to sort through dozens of daily PMs, most with questions that should be posted to the forum in the open. You can PM usgicollector and he can put you in touch with me.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:51 AM   #6
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you so very much Bob!! I'll PM him now. I also sent you an email with my contact number. Used the same email I had for you when you programmed my Curtis RXV controller.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:56 AM   #7
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Just got it home. Code is 9024 which seems to point to an AC failure on the controller. It's in really nice shape. Little dirty, but nothing soap and water won't fix. Also has an aux battery in the rear storage compartment for the radio. Not sure if I'm going to leave it that way or just add a fuse to the block and run off the reducer. If your wondering about my tie down methods, the wraps around the tires and rear grab handle were just to control the tails on my ratchet straps, LOL. Here are a couple pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6255.jpg (896.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6256.jpg (423.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6257.jpg (823.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6258.jpg (896.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-04-2020, 09:10 PM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Just got it home. Code is 9024 which seems to point to an AC failure on the controller. It's in really nice shape. Little dirty, but nothing soap and water won't fix. Also has an aux battery in the rear storage compartment for the radio. Not sure if I'm going to leave it that way or just add a fuse to the block and run off the reducer. If your wondering about my tie down methods, the wraps around the tires and rear grab handle were just to control the tails on my ratchet straps, LOL. Here are a couple pictures.
Very nice! Much nicer than mine. You probably paid a lot more than I did. I need to box up that controller and get it out to you.

Bob
Old 06-05-2020, 12:57 AM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

That thing looks incredibly nice for an older 2five! If you ever decide to go curtis, then it's a "3four" if you want. (Its horsepower limited, instead of RPM limited, as a RXV is). Exuding any bob exclusive tricks I havent tried yet. (But there are a couple I honestly havent had the chance to try).

Only problem is keeping the speedometer calibrated correctly (and if bob can help me here.....)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 05:24 AM   #10
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Very nice! Much nicer than mine. You probably paid a lot more than I did. I need to box up that controller and get it out to you.

Bob
Thanks so much Bob! The more I look at it, the more I like it. It really is nice. The gentleman I got it from always kept it garaged and covered. Got it for what I feel was a very fair number at $2500.00.
John
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO