lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2022, 10:59 AM   #21
poolpilot44
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Star Sirius cart owners out there...please chime in here

Yes the weight reduction was like 200-250 lbs lost and the strength uphill stays there till the battery is completely drained. I seem to plug in once I hit about 45 miles and it shows 20-30 percent remaining with 105ah battery. Im still very happy with it. The zero maintenance is also a huge plus. Now I just need to try to soften the suspension. Its very stiff.
poolpilot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2022, 01:37 PM   #22
Spenda864
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolpilot44 View Post
Yes the weight reduction was like 200-250 lbs lost and the strength uphill stays there till the battery is completely drained. I seem to plug in once I hit about 45 miles and it shows 20-30 percent remaining with 105ah battery. Im still very happy with it. The zero maintenance is also a huge plus. Now I just need to try to soften the suspension. Its very stiff.
Mine is already set up for Lithium batteries for when my current batteries need replacement. The cost makes it hard to justify making a switch while the current ones are still strong. I might be able to find someone willing to buy the old ones though...

My issues have been the squeaky roof and windshield. The other thing is the brakes. They aren't the best and I have had the pads changed twice already. It seems like they are ok for a while then start squeaking and being less effective. The seatbelts are a pain as well. The ones on the rear seat are very hard to get pulled out and they almost always get hung up when trying to retract the belts. The belts catch on the outside arm rest.
Spenda864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 04:50 AM   #23
Brash1
Not Yet Wild

I have owned a 2020 Star Sirius 48-2-NEV/LSV almost one year now and as time passes the troubles are mounting! First after finishing the front nine one day it quit. A dealer more than 1 hour away agreed to come pick it up for repair. 2 days later it was running and we were told a wire came loose from the motor and they put it back. Husband did not get itemized statement showing work required he paid online. When the Star Sirius was returned the interior lights on both sides were no longer working and the JBL Bluetooth Speakers volume was MAX and had been paired to another device. I can longer get them to pair with my IPAD. The golf box button seems cheap it’s already broke. Entire CART squeaks from the
From the roof to the undercarriage. Underneath both sides have what I am told Rear Trailing Arms and they are secured by U Bolts to the carriage. The U Bolt on the drivers side sheered off at the bolt. The trailing arm hit the ground and my cart could not move! Star EV Carts is a Facebook Group page in which you can request membership thus allowing you to read the comments from other Star Cart Owners. One owner with that same trailing arm trouble comments that Star told him this was a known issue and they had replacement parts and they repaired his after his local dealer told him had mistreated the cart and refused to repair it. Why would STAR not recall or replace these carts knowing such issue exist? Visible nuts and bolts used underneath in the assembly of my cart are rusting this is below code certainly. This could be a really nice cart to have especially with the trunk feature with the hidden cooler. The seats are truly great and wonderful! These Carts are not worth the money you pay for them. They are not made with the best quality of materials available!
Brash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 11:43 AM   #24
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brash1 View Post
I have owned a 2020 Star Sirius 48-2-NEV/LSV almost one year now and as time passes the troubles are mounting! FirstUnderneath both sides have what I am told Rear Trailing Arms and they are secured by U Bolts to the carriage. The U Bolt on the drivers side sheered off at the bolt. The trailing arm hit the ground and my cart could not move! e with the best quality of materials available!
My 2019 serius developed various problems that could not be permanently fixed.
Indeed thee rear swing arms while ubolted to axle do not have a gusset y which
the ubolts can fasten through predrolled holes to securely fsten the swing arms.
These would loosen up and rattling bangin around on rough surfaces.

The brake drums are junk they get out of round quickly in jut a few 100 miles
or so...the brake pads squeal badly after a few short 100 miles. Replacement
under warranty proved no better....

The parking brake failed and could not be repaired after 1500 miles on the
odo.

The cart would quit even though battery pack was full. and leave you stranded.
Happened numerous times and sent back to shop numerous times..

The front trunk lid would barely release to open it....not repairable as
cable actuator has no adjustments....Wow really?

Short story...bye bye Sirius got ICON instead...now that's a cart....
4500 miles on ICON no worries all good now!!!

Happy Cartin'
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 09:15 AM   #25
mikec35
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a 2010 STAR-48-4SF-NEV/LSV - the local distributor says it is now called Classic 48 2+2. Looks great, runs great although the steering has a fair amount of play and the brake lights don't work. The windshield is cracked and needs to be replaced - $300 plus shipping... maybe I can get a local glass shop to make one for me. I think I have a short in the brake light circuit somewhere because the brake lights work sometimes with the new switch I installed. I just put new batteries in it but I really don't use it that much. I have an old 1997 Club Car that stays out in the weather, it's my beater cart for hauling stuff around the property. I keep my Star in the shop out of the elements...
mikec35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay