lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2019, 07:07 AM   #21
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Hein & Kim's American Landmaster 36V UTV

Title changed... but, just a little shorter.
You have something like 2-1/2 hours to edit your most recent post,
and then it gets locked so people who have already read through it don't get confused, or miss anything!
If you need to correct anything from previous posts, just add a new post saying so!

Welcome, and Carry on!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2019, 09:35 AM   #22
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Cool UTV! Keep the pictures coming Hein!
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 12:17 PM   #23
Hein
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for taking time to move the thread and revise the title. I am happy to join and contribute to the Member's Rides forum.

Another update. I like to understand what's going on with current and voltage on these and other DC electrical systems. We do it with our van builds too. We often use these hall effect meters to watch current draw on the system so I installed one on the E-UTV.

I designed an enclosure for the meter which we have 3D printed and sell on our ebay store. It protects the meter, provides an on/off switch and lets us mount it to a surface with some 3M VHB tape. (https://www.ebay.com/itm/132286443113)

Photo below. The current is sensed by a hall effect coil that goes around the main battery cable. Also shown is the Bluesea 300A terminal fuse. Safety first! I always disconnect the negative post first and reconnect it last to avoid welding tools to the frame while I disconnect and reconnect the positive cable.

Next photo. I placed the enclosure with meter right above the pedals stuck to the tube frame with two strips of VHB. The cable to the coil would need to be extended to mount it up by the dash. In this position, the meter is clearly visible while driving; and not a distraction.

I'm seeing up to about 140A at 36VDC going up hill. Mostly running in the 60-120A range when under power.

All the best,
Hein
Hein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:34 AM   #24
Hein
Not Yet Wild

This UTV has a live axle single wheel drive. It needs a limited slip differential. I have installed Quaife helical limited slip diffs in a few Saturn S-series cars. Quaife produces a small sealed unit for chain drives. Probably over the capacity needed but looks like it would fit. Would take a complete re-engineering and rework of the rear axle including an upgrade to outboard disc brakes.

https://shop.quaife.co.uk/chain-driv...d-differential

All the best,
Hein
Old 01-25-2019, 01:03 PM   #25
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I would. What kind of batteries are those?

Sorry. I missed page 2 and 3.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 03:44 PM   #26
Hein
Not Yet Wild

The batteries are Full River DC105 group 27 sized 12V AGMs.
I'll have to do some more research to see if the Quaife is suitable.

All the best,
Hein
Old 06-14-2022, 03:00 PM   #27
burghboi
Not Yet Wild

Could you tell me if you ever replaced the controller? Mine is bad and I can't seem to find one or someone to repair it.
burghboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides