lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2018, 02:46 PM   #1
badandyturbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Looking for a Diagnostic Tool

I am located in Stuart Florida and looking for someone that has a EZGO Handheld Diagnostic Tool. I prefer not to buy one. I am having and issue with non existent throttle response.

Thanks, Andy
badandyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2018, 07:10 PM   #2
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking for a Diagnostic Tool

RXV ELECTRIC? if not ignore the rest of this.....

Do you have a digital multimeter & access to the service manual? There are instructions on how to test using a DVM.

A non existent throttle response could be an issue with the accelerator or brake encoders, or switch. There is a switch and encoder on each of them. It could also be the result of a battery pack issue. A healthy battery pack will read on the high side of 50 volts. If your in the 46 to 47 volt range the cart complains.

There is also the possibility of it failing the power on ‘twist test’. At power on the cart tries to turn the motor with the brake set. If the cart jerks, it failed and that will also shut down the controller.

Again if it’s not an RXV, ignore me.
jkredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:57 PM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking for a Diagnostic Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandyturbo View Post
I am located in Stuart Florida and looking for someone that has a EZGO Handheld Diagnostic Tool. I prefer not to buy one. I am having and issue with non existent throttle response.

Thanks, Andy
Hey Andy...

I should be down there in a few days. I've not heard back from the 2 guys up this way so it looks like I'll be heading south sooner. I'll have my tools with me. By the way, my phone is back in service! They fixed it today. It took them 2 weeks to get out here

Make sure I have your phone number.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO