lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2022, 04:17 PM   #2021
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460

Did the full stress test this a.m. I was able to finish the complete test. Nothing different showed in preliminary results. I am sure I will have to get the full report from an office visit. Still not up to par. So moving slowly I blue locktited the cooling tin studs this afternoon. There are black oxide nyloc nuts that will hold the cooling cover on. This way I won't wear the threads out on the block removing the cover to alter the timing using the adjustable coil mount.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2022, 04:58 PM   #2022
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Here are the pics of the Omega short block so far. Can't really go any farther until the long rod engine is removed and it's head is further ported and the NRracing 6500 rpm valve kit is installed. The real test will be is this engine better than the long rod or did I really miss the mark and build an engine more suited to a mini bike or go kart ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0894.jpg (384.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0895.jpg (368.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0896.jpg (387.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0898.jpg (327.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-30-2022, 02:14 PM   #2023
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Well got the news this afternoon. There were some issues on my stress test and I am scheduled for a heart cath on july 8. Glad they found the issue and hoping for the best outcome.
Old 07-08-2022, 03:39 PM   #2024
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Did the heart cath today. Good news no blockage and no stents were needed. But on light duty for a week or so to heal up insertion area. They now use some kind of body dissolving plug called an angio seal in your groin area. This shortens your recovery time.They could not get thru from the wrist this time.
Old 07-19-2022, 09:01 AM   #2025
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Did some on Vicki today. I was able to separate the VC engine plate from the G14's engine mount to frame. Dropped it out the bottom of the cart. Next step I guess will be pull the electric fuel pump and carb out and MAYBE I can pull the engine and the VC engine plate out of the cart as a unit. Patient Ray. The old Ray would have worked whatever hours it took to get that engine out and see what it looks like inside. BIG difference from 2016 until 2022 in energy levels and body strength.
Old 07-21-2022, 07:21 AM   #2026
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

GEEZ I see Vegascarts is sold out of billet pulleys to drive a S/G again. Not long ago he machined up a big batch of them. So either there are still a lot of single cylinder clones being swapped in or lots of alternator additions to the HF 670.
Old 07-21-2022, 10:36 AM   #2027
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Well finally got the VC 460 long rod out of Vicki today. With the engine turned on it's side I was able to unbolt the driver's side under cylinder nut. The passenger's side was soo rounded I ended up up cutting it off with an angle grinder. With the engine out I pulled the side cover. No obvious metal pieces or things out of whack. Alas at this point the lightheadedness set in so I stopped for today. I noticed my heart rate was at 130 or so and O2 level @ 92%. But BP was normal. With the heavy work done maybe tomorrow I can finish the tear down and find the source of the vibration.
Old 07-21-2022, 03:50 PM   #2028
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Was starting to think I was tearing this engine down for nothing. EVERYTHING looked like NEW UNTIL I got to the upper shell of the rod bearing. It was starting to flake and get pitted. The lower half showed some wear BUT nothing notable. Again decided not to push it Maybe I will pull the flywheel and pull the crankshaft out and inspect it for wear. From what I can see looking down the bore it looks fine. BUT it does look like my sense that something was wrong probably saved the engine from major damage. P.S. The flywheel has been on there since 2014 when the engine left VC who assembled it. 8 years of sand and salt water on it. Stay tuned.
Old 07-21-2022, 08:17 PM   #2029
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Just wanted to add I know some of the later twister camshafts had wear issues,but mine bought when VC first started selling them looks like new.I hope the later unit installed in the Omega engine fares as well
Old 07-22-2022, 08:37 AM   #2030
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Went down in the 80 degree heat to finish the tear down of the VC 460 long rod. The BIG question was how to remove the flywheel.After watching tons of videos on you tube I decided on Steve's small engine saloon method. This is done by using an impact hammer with the rounded point into the center hole of the crank and and no bracing against the block. Mine didn't come off in 1 burst such as his BUT by the 3rd burst it was laying free. The other answered question was if my engine had an advance key installed by VC or not. It does not. The crank is flawless. The only thing I found today after pulling the crank is the block side balance shaft bearing fell out. The question there is that did the bearing boss loosened up from the 5600 rpm blasts for 8 years OR did my impact hammering the flywheel off merely vibrate it out of the block ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps