lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2022, 10:19 AM   #1
Nlb7928
Not Yet Wild

Default Diagnostic help

I replaced the starter and voltage regulator last year (and the year before that). Actually, I did it twice in two weeks last year, because the first starter I got was cheap and made of pure chineseium. The second starter was twice as much but, the same day it died I was telling myself, "this has really been running good!" I have since quit talking to myself.

I'm busy in the field, so I havn't had a chance to tear into it, but I've got a NO START. It's not at all like when my starter has gone out in the past. Even if I bump the belt ahead, the starter doesn't pick up.

I have 12v at both sides of the solenoid. Solenoid clicks. I have 12v at the starter.

I guess before I yank the starter, my main question is this: can bad microswitches cause no start (but still get 12v at the starter).

I suspect the microswitches because the cart was running in neutral (even without switching the yellow knob).

Thanks,
Nathan
Nlb7928 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car