lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2022, 01:50 PM   #11
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Fuel Pumps

If your module is bad there are options although I haven't done anything but an HEI.

This is a link to a post by a member who used an auto module in a Par Car:

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=147449
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2022, 02:39 PM   #12
colu41
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
If your module is bad there are options although I haven't done anything but an HEI.

This is a link to a post by a member who used an auto module in a Par Car:

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=147449
Thanks a lot. So according to my test, I'm NOT getting 12 volts at my coil. Could you help me out on where I should look next? Your sticky got me excited because it did say at one point if the coil isn't get 12 volts then something other than the coil or module is bad....
colu41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 03:22 PM   #13
colu41
Getting Wild

Tested power at the coil again. And it's only at 10.5 to 11. The one positive wire goes to what looks like a solenoid? Could that possibly be the culprit? How can I test that? Or what to test before that to see where I'm losing power?
Old 06-29-2022, 02:01 PM   #14
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Yeah, that voltage is a bit low. I am not what the low voltage tolerance on these carts are but something in the 10s may well not be enough to fire the coil.

There is a testing procedure located in this thread:

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthre...ting+procedure

You may want to follow it to see if you can identify where you are dropping. Unfortunately, low voltage causes can occur after a noted point of failure, however.

A lot of times, poor voltage is the result of a poor ground do to corrosion or a bad wire somewhere. I would unhook all grounds, clean them shiny and reattached while using some dielectric grease.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 04:48 PM   #15
colu41
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Yeah, that voltage is a bit low. I am not what the low voltage tolerance on these carts are but something in the 10s may well not be enough to fire the coil.

There is a testing procedure located in this thread:

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthre...ting+procedure

You may want to follow it to see if you can identify where you are dropping. Unfortunately, low voltage causes can occur after a noted point of failure, however.

A lot of times, poor voltage is the result of a poor ground do to corrosion or a bad wire somewhere. I would unhook all grounds, clean them shiny and reattached while using some dielectric grease.
Thanks! I will test that, and clean up any and all ground wires I see and report back! I really want to get this thing up and running as my ol Club Car motor finally took a crap on me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar