lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2017, 08:56 AM   #171
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lead acid battery conversion to lipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWGrice View Post
Completed the 36V conversion and so far it has been quite impressive. I haven't checked it with a GPS but it went at least 5 miles at Talladega with 4 adults riding and still had battery remaining. Speed is great, it runs around 27 MPH on flat surface with one adult. I still need to do some dress up of the battery bay but I am attaching a picture of where it is now. I have tried to make everything plug and play. Ready to step to 72V over the winter.
Nice install TW but what are those exposed boards with connectors on them?
Seems like a potential for water and crud contamination.
Do these get covered and sealed?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf cart battery bay..jpg (123.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Board.jpg (24.9 KB, 0 views)
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2017, 10:27 AM   #172
TWGrice
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lead acid battery conversion to lipo

They are low amperage 12 Volt relays that control the bigger charge and discharge solenoids. it was an after thought, at the last minute, I decided not to pull the full current to run the solenoids through the BMS. What you can't see in the picture is that I closed up the compartment. There is a wall between the compartment and the normally open area where the motor is. I like to show off the Plum Quick motor but the electronics are more important to stay dry. The BMS has a fan output as well and I plan to install one with louvers on the floor board side of the compartment to move filtered air into the area if temps get to warm. I have been watching the temp log on the BMS, it has thermistors installed between the battery packs. There has been almost no temp changes, even after long high speed runs. The relays are not designed to be enclosed, they are coated with a clear sealant, but I agree they would look better enclosed. More pictures to come as I add the additional packs, upgrade the charging system, Controller, relay and Forward/Reverse switch.
TWGrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO