lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
Turn Two
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Question 94 CC Gasser starts but no revs.

As I posted a while back... My cart was running intermittently. It is not intermittent anymore! It cranks but will not rev above an idle. If I feather the accelerator pedal, sometimes (rarely) the engine seems to come just off idle, the clutch engages, the cart lurches... and the engine dies.

I have replaced all four limit switches. I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filters, ignition switch and spark plug.

Also... How tight should the drive belt be when the engine is not running? The drive belt is REALLY loose... It seems to me that if the belt were tight the starter would turn the engine over enough to generate enough vacuum to operate the fuel pump. Maybe that is the problem?

Also... I adjusted both throttle cables (one from the switch cam to the gov'ner... and the other from the gov'ner to the carb) so there's just a 1/16" play in each. I confirmed that the throttle butterfly is opening and closing as it should.

Is there any part of the drive or driven clutches or shafts that should be lubricated/greased?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Michael~

Last edited by Turn Two; 09-22-2008 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: Additional info added
Turn Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2008, 06:03 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 94 CC Gasser starts but no revs.

drive belt should be loose when not running..........are you sure its starting and not just cranking over? are you getting any spark when cranking over? have you checked compression? start by making sure you have spark when its cranking and if so than its either a fuel problem or low compression.....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:31 PM   #3
oliver28472
Getting Wild

Sounds like the problem my friend had on his 91. Had a piece of trash in the main jet. It has the flat head, which is different than yours.
oliver28472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

one thing you have to keep in mind you can have 2 identical carts with identical problems but the fix is entirely different...........have you checked for spark?..................................
Old 09-22-2008, 09:43 PM   #5
Turn Two
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hey guys...

Thanks for the input. I may be chasing more than one problem... (Like that's never happened!!!!)

I checked the crankcase vacuum connection with my Mighty Vac and the guage 'fluttered' between a bit of pressure and a bit of vacuum when the engine turned over. I assume that's good!

I pulled the vent hose off the carb and it was clear of obstruction. That's good!

I checked the output hose from the fuel pump to the carb and there's virtually no gas coming out when the engine turns over. This is with a new fuel pump. Bad!

I checked the spark with a tester and it comes and goes. Sometimes really strong for ten seconds or so... then Nothing for a few seconds. When I feather the accelerator the spark will return. Bad!

Two more questions... What is the square object in the electrical box? It has two wires coming out of an epoxy filling. One Red, one Yellow. And... There is a large ground terminal bolted to the lower frame behind the passanger seat. The wire going to it has been pulled out, but I cannot find a loose wire anywhere. Any idea what might not be grounded?

Thanks again for the assist.

Michael~
Old 09-22-2008, 11:10 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

that would be your voltage regulator, has nothing to do with spark but will keep the cart from charging..............if you have intermittant spark it should start up and rev up have you tried a new spark plug........it could be ignitor/rpm limitor going bad and not enough spark to fire.........have you pulled the spark plug after cranking over to see if its wet or dry....................
Old 09-23-2008, 06:01 PM   #7
Turn Two
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 94 CC Gasser starts but no revs. RESOLVED!!!!!

Thanks again for the input!!! I WAS chasing two problems. I found that the main jet was partially clogged... AND I installed one of the new micro-switches wrong. I had put the output wire on the wrong terminal... NO became NC or visey versey!

Got the carb cleaned and the wire moved to the correct terminal and the cart runs like a dream!

Muchos appreciation for walkin' me through the troubleshooting procedure!

Michael~
Old 09-23-2008, 07:07 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

glad to hear its up and running..................................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car