lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
Col_G
Not Yet Wild

Default 96 CC DS, no go; go w/OBC bypass; then quit

Cart was working fine. Hit bump, and sudden no-go condition. After all the troubleshooting (below), I bypassed the OBC by jumpering the small yellow wire on the solenoid to the battery pack negative. Unit ran as normal for about three minutes constant run time, then quit. When it quit this time, it so happened I was crossing a slight bump in the trail (maybe just coincidental).

Troubleshooting done, and findings:
1. Solenoid thoroughly tested. Does activate when voltage applied to positive side of small terminals. Yes, it "clicks".
2. When solenoid put back into system, with all wires connected, the only way to get it to engage ("click") is to have that OBC bypass wire connected.
3. Throttle potentiometer tested and works; full range of voltages going to the solenoid.
4. Charge on battery pack is 51.0 volts. All wires clean, terminals tight, and fuses good (unless I did not find them all).
5. Battery charger does charge the batteries, as normal, at 10 amps, with the present no-go condition.
6. Motor ruled out as cause of no-go, because it did run fine for that three minutes after the OBC bypass was performed.
7. Attempted the OBC reset procedure, per instructions in the Sticky. At the step that the reverse buzzer is supposed to come on upon locking down the throttle pedal, the buzzer does not sound. (And, buzzer does function.)

So, I believe it is a correct assumption that the OBC has failed. However, with the OBC bypass in place, I am confounded by fact that the cart ran fine for three minutes, then again quit. (I did confirm that my bypass wire still had good continuity.)

What else could have failed that now prevents running, even with the OBC bypass?

I have had electric motors on other types of equipment that quit with bad brushes, but would not suddenly work again.

Has someone out there experienced no-go failures and found it was the motor brushes? Were the symptoms like the ones I have described?

Is there a pesky fuse somewhere not-so-obvious that I should be checking?
Or, maybe a wire break that would cause my condition?

Thank you.
Col_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 96 CC DS, no go; go w/OBC bypass; then quit

There is one maybe 2 fuses in the solenoid activation circuit. Both are inline type in yellow holders, one near the charge receptacle and one behind the solenoid, if I am remember correctly.
Hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
Col_G
Not Yet Wild

Yes, I did check those two fuses. Thank you.
Col_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Same problem canot get sol to click need to know on the solenoid the 2 control wires which is pos and which is neg there is a wht/blk on one post the other has a 1 yel 1 red.if obc is bad will cart not run can i bypass obc
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bypass, obc
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car