lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2009, 10:07 PM   #1
speedfreak
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rhino or big bore cart?

I am looking for a more "family friendly" play toy. I have read that a big bore cart will do donuts. But with this kind of power can you still have low speed control and top speed. Does anyone have a video of a 25 HP cart ripping it up. I have done hours of reading and searching but can't find specifics. I want to see performance of a stated horsepower. OR is anyone near southern Illinois so I can take a ride?

I am looking for one purchase.. I want cart that will run over 35 on the road. But still be a play toy for the family to ride on some quad trails. Maybe cut a donut or 2.

I want a rhino but I know that I will be hassled by the cops on our city streets. Plus you can buy a crazy nice cart for 5 grand or an old beat up stock rhino for the same price.
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

Default Re: Rhino or big bore cart?

on our website and on bgw videos we have a 35mhp honda 24hp power front and rear long travel running through the whoopdedoos ,, but is was way more thay $5,000.00 to build..
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:32 AM   #3
speedfreak
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

What speed can I expect out of a 25 HP cart on the street with average size tires 22" to 24" Also will it tear the grass out of the yard if you hammer it from a dead stop
Old 10-30-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

30 to 35 mph... you can put in high speed gears and get more mph.. yes it can tear up grass but it also depends on the tire combo you are running....
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If your budget is $5,000.00, then stop looking. You're going to have MUCH more than that in either vehicle if it is in good condition...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #6
decipher
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
If your budget is $5,000.00, then stop looking. You're going to have MUCH more than that in either vehicle if it is in good condition...
Not really just look at craigslist. There is alot all over phx craigslist for less then 5 k that are nice big block or rhino swapped carts all over for less then 5k
decipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #7
speedfreak
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

What about both of these they are listed in the for sale section here and they both look like great carts for 5K.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...tml#post289635

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...tml#post302508
Old 10-30-2009, 07:00 PM   #8
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you want to go 35 mph anywhere don't buy a cart unless it has better brakes. These things have rear mechanical cable brakes, and yes the cables do break! They are unstable and designed for 14 mph. I don't recommend a drive offroad with the family unless they are all strapped in, golf carts have no ROPS or seatbelts.
and.......Your screen name says rhino all over it!
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:26 PM   #9
speedfreak
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by decipher View Post
There is alot all over phx craigslist for less then 5 k that are nice big block or rhino swapped carts
There are a TON of carts for sale out there. I will have to look there for a while.

AND I know that I need a Rhino but I REALLY want something with an unlocked rear dif. I don't want to distroy the yard with this thing and I am thinking that our town will soon pass the golf cart rule so we can ride them legally on the street. A few towns around here already have the golf cart rule so I am praying that we will also.

I do a bunch of in town running for parts and stuff and my avalanche SUX when it comes to stopsign to stopsign MPG
Old 10-31-2009, 12:01 AM   #10
kymike
Gone Wild

a rhino is very expensive if they break and if you find one for 5grand it will be beat if you buy one buy make sure its new with a extended warranty
kymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!