lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2019, 08:41 PM   #1
Billyg213
Not Yet Wild

Default Turn signal help?

Hey all, first post here. I have a 2011 RXV. Has aftermarket lights and wiring harness. Ordered the Rhox turn signal to add and was going to hard wire it in. One wire from each light to the switch. Ran a hot and ground to make sure the switch was working, and it was. Somewhere in the middle of what I was doing, I hooked the wiring up to a hot and ground on the cart from the harness. Or so I thought. Now I can’t get the turn signal switch to light up or flash at all! I have continuity everywhere I think I should. I have the wiring diagram for the Rhox switch, but the switch will not work at all. Any help is appreciated.
Billyg213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2019, 12:29 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Turn signal help?

Does the cart still run? If so, you're lucky. Don't mess with any of the cart's wiring, or you could end up buying a costly controller.

This is the only place I've seen to safely connect things to an RXV, and have it turn on/off with key.

Do your lights run on 48 volts???

If you don't have one, you should buy a handheld multimeter, referred to as digital multimeter (DMM) or digital volt meter (DVM). An old analog meter will work just fine for troubleshooting, but once you want to know the condition of your batteries, a more accuragte - two decimal places - meter will be better. You can buy one fairly cheap at Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, Auto Zone, West Marine, etc.

With a meter you can check continuity through your switch, and/or measure voltage through the whole circuit, and see where you lose it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190520_114605049.jpg (86.2 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 03:02 PM   #3
Billyg213
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Turn signal help?

Cart still runs. Finally tracked down the culprit. A blown bulb in the turn signal switch. Who would’ve thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Billyg213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO