lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
bikerguy
Not Yet Wild

Default G9 hesitates intermittently when warm

I have a gas G9 that starts and runs perfectly until it warms up as long as I don't stop anywhere. When I stop and then try to go again, the cart will hesitate, and then take off. It doesn't do it all the time, but frequently enough to be an irritation in my backside. I can hear the starter generate engage, then there's a slight delay, and finally it will take off after a second or two.

It doesn't stall out, sputter, or jerk. It's a real smooth ride. I just can't figure out what's causing the delay or dead spot.

I've checked the black ground and it's good. Can a starter generator have a dead spot like the starter on a car? If not the starter generator, I'd appreciate any comments or knowledge to figure this thing out.
bikerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
johndgjr
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G9 hesitates intermittently when warm

If your cable ends are clean and tight, you may see if your starter belt is a little loose. My g9 did that until we tightened the belt, even though it seemed tight when we first checked it. Good luck.
johndgjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 02:58 PM   #3
QB100
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 hesitates intermittently when warm

i had the same problem on my G9. had to look closely to see that the belt was slipping. found a video on youtube on belt changes that shows how to tighten it up.
QB100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, hesitates, hesitation, warm, yamaha g9
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha