lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2019, 12:36 PM   #1
S4TA
Not Yet Wild

Default Nissan Leaf Over Voltage

I may have made a big mistake today but hoping it isn’t. I converted my cart to lithium with Nissan Leaf modules 14 cells. I have had everything running perfect for a month now. Today, I decided to finish the build by properly mounting the sleep switch to a nice panel I made. I accidentally dropped it and something shorted on the contractor. About half of my cells jumped to 6V, when they should be closer to 4V. Prior to me doing this they were all right at about 4V. I am hoping I didn’t damage the batteries.

Does this mean I fried the cells?
If not, what’s the best way to balance the ones that are out of whack? Is there a trick with the BMS I can try?

Also, now when I turn the BMS to sleep it goes to sleep as it should but when I turn it back on, it shuts down. I have to hit the power button on top of the BMS to turn it back on. Wondering if I fried something in the BMS as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
S4TA is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium