lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2015, 10:51 AM   #1
kingster
Not Yet Wild

Default predator 670 vs vc460

I would really like to use the the predator 670, but whats the point when the vc460 creates the power it creates ungoverned.
Are there any performance parts for the 670?
Which has the most torque?
Which will spin the tires
kingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2015, 11:05 AM   #2
Field6565
Gone Wild

Default Re: predator 670 vs vc460

Even without the governor removed the Predator 670 will make more torque because it is a V-twin. The only problem with the Predator is that it needs a rev kit. They make one for the Honda GX 630/670 but it hasn't been determined if it will fit the Predator......technically it should but I've never seen anyone do it. I think once people start modding this engine it will make some serious power.

The VC 460 is a nice solid motor. It's a nice step up over stock.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:25 PM   #3
TQC
Getting Wild

The predator looks exactly like the Lifan engine... surely there's parts out there for it
TQC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:52 PM   #4
natew121
Gone Wild

that 460 makes some good power ive seen a few mini bike engines on oldminibikes.com dyno on a engine dyno as high as 40-50hp look up user (pro69nova) has prolly one of the highest hp's ive seeen and that was out of the 390 block.. basically it all boils down to how much are you willing to spend (how deep are your pockets!)lol . http://www.mikeclementsracing.com/openspage.html has one that makes 52hp-60hp for $5,0000. like i said the opinions are endless.. will say yes tq maybe a tad bit better with the "big block" but have you seen the BB vs vegas carts 440cc on stock gc tires it litterally puts 5-8 carts on the BB. and the BB in the video is lifted with bigger tires and all that and all that so it should be able to hit a higher top speed with the larger tires . this should awnser you question https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB9B5qbodJk

and heres a 627 vanny BB with a good deal of mods getting smoked
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/big-b...ml#post1145867

neither BB's ever pull them off the line and up top they get left no top end even with the rev kit..
natew121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:58 PM   #5
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The V-twins have more displacement. Period.
Aftermarket support for mild-mod twins is lacking, but putting the same level of parts on both, will maintain the 1.5 times or so more overall, matching displacement.
The 750cc Kohler is likely the platform most supported, and makes the highest specific output, in mod form.

I never tire of this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC8yYTXoZm4
TheGDFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 04:51 PM   #6
geoffw
Gone Wild

Club Car

Depends on your budget really, for the money, our 460cc engine is unbeatable.

It makes 21.4hp and over 31ftlbs of torque to the wheels!..in stock form. (Add 25% for Engine numbers)

Our engine kit in a completely stock Yamaha G16 achieves 38-43mph on factory 18" tires.

Can you make more power than the 460? Of course, but Ive yet to see a NEW engine that can for the money.

Then again, the 460 has a custom ground cam, higher compression, billet rotating assembly, etc direct from us.
geoffw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:18 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

My 420 spins the tires, though the v-twins are said to come out of the hole harder from a dead stop because of the torque. But the clone will wind out for some speed and the twin needs some parts to do that. Even with a few bolt ons and stock block and internals I have hit 38gps on my G9 with 22s, its well over 5K rpm. But I don't dare do more without a rod and some other parts, even those are maybe 300 so I'm still at half or less what a new stock vanguard costs. The 460 already has that stuff depending on what one you get.

On the other hand it depends on your use. A stock twin may not be that fast but they have lots of power, you could run with HS gears that gives you more mph and with a lift (and 22s or larger) they roll pretty nice. Some have used subaru 25hp and kaw 27/29hp like this. Soon you will see rev kits for the clone twins, that will help some. But still with lift and gears you will get some speed. The twin can pull gears no problem.

If you want rpm you will have to spendy for a built vanny/kohler/kaw or go clone. The honda gx390 was raced in karts a lot, tons of parts for them and the clone (most of them) the parts all fit. That said they often say over 30hp you risk breaking the clone block in half, this does not include the Vegas block this is the plain 420 block and similar. They use honda 390 blocks to build more power they are stronger, and now some of those guys are buying Vegas blocks lol.

You can also get 60hp out of the Big vanny 31/35hp block check out Alpha carts, and their videos on u-tube, but again they are not cheap.

All these engines work well in a cart just one is better at this or that, one is more easily modified, one makes more power modified, one is cheaper, etc.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:30 PM   #8
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffw View Post
Depends on your budget really, for the money, our 460cc engine is unbeatable.

It makes 21.4hp and over 31ftlbs of torque to the wheels!..in stock form. (Add 25% for Engine numbers)

Our engine kit in a completely stock Yamaha G16 achieves 38-43mph on factory 18" tires.

Can you make more power than the 460? Of course, but Ive yet to see a NEW engine that can for the money.

Then again, the 460 has a custom ground cam, higher compression, billet rotating assembly, etc direct from us.
Where do you put that walker quiet tone on a Yamaha?
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:04 AM   #9
turn-n-burn
Gone Wild

Pretty solid torque numbers for a lightly modded one lunger! does anyone have wheel dyno sheets from a vanguard in comparable horsepower range?
turn-n-burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:40 AM   #10
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by turn-n-burn View Post
Pretty solid torque numbers for a lightly modded one lunger! does anyone have wheel dyno sheets from a vanguard in comparable horsepower range?
Lightly modded? I'm quite sure this test was done on their top of the line clone. It's still impressive for a single cylinder engine.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!