lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2010, 05:55 AM   #1
mauigeorge
Not Yet Wild

Default Drive belt installation tricks? & part number specs?

Anybody know any good tricks for installing a new drive belt? Also the belt part number for the 76 to 87 models (EZ GO P/N 14153 G1) interchanges to a Dayco P/N HP2011, while the 89 to 92 model belt (EZ GO P/N 22337 G1) interchanges to a Dayco P/N HP2012. I would guess from the part numbers that the earlier belt is slightly shorter than the later belt. Or maybe one belt is wider? Does anyone know for sure? Many thanks in advance to everyone! Aloha!
mauigeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:25 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Drive belt installation tricks? & part number specs?

Yes the orig belt is 1-1/4 x 42"
the #27077 is 1-3/16 x 40-3/4"
and the one you want is the 1989-91 #22337-G02 is 1-3/16 x 41"

It is quite hard to roll the belt on there & the extra 1/4 shorter would make it very hard to do. I have had to use a large pipe wrench to help them on. I use the pipe wrench as gently as possible on the hub of the driven, while helping the drive to turn with my other hand.... insure the cart is in neutral. You may find the cart hard to shift at first but this will ease as the belt stretches in weeks to come....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:47 AM   #3
mauigeorge
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Scotty! Got to get some sleep, but I'll try again to install my belt in the morning. I bought a new 27077G02 belt from a EZ go dealer in Honolulu because I was told the 22337G1 superceded to it? So should I try to use it or try find the 1/4" longer 22337G1? Also I have to get my drive clutch weights back in, and my governor is disconnected. Someone cut the cable so I guess its not so important? Will having the shorter belt mess my shifting up even worse? Thanks for your help!
Old 01-23-2010, 07:05 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Shorter belt does make the cart harder to shift but improves low end torque for hill climbing & reduces top end..... You can run without a Gov but you need to use your ear and common sense to keep from over reving. What yr is your cart?
Old 01-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
mauigeorge
Not Yet Wild

I am not sure of the year? My neighbor told me it was a 87, but he gave me a part number for a drive belt thats for 89-92. The i.d. tag(s) are all missing so I don't how else to identify it? It is a 2 stroke, 2 seater and the belts are mounted side to side. I am not sure that the difference in the belt is going to matter very much? I also don't what other changes were made to those different model years? Any information would be helpful? Thanks!
Old 01-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Oh ..... Now I get it! It is a 2 stroke! Okay doesn't matter the belts are interchangeable ..... just put it on the engine or drive clutch then roll it on the driven clutch as you turn the clutch by hand
Old 01-23-2010, 03:33 PM   #7
mauigeorge
Not Yet Wild

Hi Scotty! first I have to go figure out these clutch weights? Going out to the garage right now!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO