lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2015, 09:55 PM   #1
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default led headlight kit?

Anyone run one of the led headlight kits like they sell on ebay? If so how bright are they compared to the regular bulbs?
panteramatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:08 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: led headlight kit?

No, i have not. But all the "affordable" led kits i have seen that looked similar to stock lights were not as bright as the incandescent bulb setup it copied. I run a redhawk led light bar that is very bright compared to the standard 55w "H3" type driving light bulbs commonly used.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20141123_201136_646.jpg (121.0 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:36 PM   #3
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanx. I have a regular headlight kit that i replaced the stock bulb with an led bulb. Made a difference amd matched the whiter light of the 2 small lightbars i already have. Im building another cart and was gonna swap this light kit over to it and order the led kit for mine. It looks like it has 10 leds in each housing which should be really bright.
panteramatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:11 PM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

the number of LED's isn't relevant, wattage and lumens are. A single 10w CREE emitter will put out about 750lM at 14v, where it would actually take almost 5 3W Edisons to do the same ... Drop down to 2W or 1W emitters and you are looking at a minimum 2:1 (more likely 3:1 or more) wattage/lumens ratio to get the same light output, and the lower wattage emitters will NEVER "throw" as far (I work in the Stage Lighting Industry so LED's are second nature to me).

My favorite lights are the multi-10W CREE Light Bars (and be careful as 90% of them from China use "seconds" for emitters or even misrepresent the actual ones used) - For offroad use I tend to go with 12X10w bars, about 2X the lumens output of a pair of standard automotive high beams. If cash is a factor, the 144W or 180W bars that use the 3W Edison emitters are actually a great "Bang for the Buck" but are less efficient wattage/output wise.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:03 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Couldnt have said it better myself. Also, if you find one thats half of the price of everything on the market, expect about half the performance. The led market is always changing, so prices are all over the place. While i feel the leds i got were a good value for the light they produce, they may not stack up so well today $$ wise. The one thing you can count on is that all the leds will produce more light per amp used than incandescent bulbs (mine draws about half the amps as my bulbs did, with lots more light). I have built my own led light setups, and the watt rating given will not be what they actually do, a led driven to 100% rated capacity will have a much shorter life than one driven to 80% of its rated capacity.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:23 AM   #6
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteramatt View Post
Anyone run one of the led headlight kits like they sell on ebay? If so how bright are they compared to the regular bulbs?
I got today and played with the headlights you were asking about.They are very well made with cast aluminium housings with heat sinks built in.They come with ss steel mounting brackets.They produce a bright white light.I took a chance buying them but what a deal for $25.There are reviews on line elsewhere that give them glowing reviews.I concur.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:06 PM   #7
TrickCart
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
I got today and played with the headlights you were asking about.They are very well made with cast aluminium housings with heat sinks built in.They come with ss steel mounting brackets.They produce a bright white light.I took a chance buying them but what a deal for $25.There are reviews on line elsewhere that give them glowing reviews.I concur.
Do you have a link to what you bought for $25?
TrickCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:16 PM   #8
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

enter 2x27 atv led. Tons of sellers. actually $25.96
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha