lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2014, 05:23 PM   #11
Lumlo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Melex dead in the water.

[QUOTE=Kal;1009796]I'm running out of them. Try messaging a guy on here by the name of JohnnieB.
I just messaged JohnnieB, thanks, Tony
Lumlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2014, 10:42 PM   #12
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Let us know how it goes.
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:03 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Tony PM'd me and about all I know about Melex carts is that they are an EZGO clone made in Poland.

I found a couple wiring diagrams for a model 212, if that is what it is.

Does it match either of the first two attachments?
If so, the high current circuit more or less matches the high current circuit on the third attachment.

Granted the pack voltage is mighty low, but it at least ought to make it twitch a bit, especially if the rear wheels are off the ground.

If you have the negative lead of your DVM connected to the main negative terminal on the battery pack and are getting B+ (Battery pack voltage) on A1&A2, the problem is between those two points and there really isn't much between them. Check the cables, contacts and connections highlighted in purple on the third attachment.

Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mellex_030-001_pg_121.jpg (64.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Mellex_030-001__pg_122.jpg (58.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Resistor cart - Schematic - High Current Traced.JPG (93.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:24 PM   #14
Lumlo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Melex out of the water and on dry land

First off I'd like to thank everyone who held my hand during this learning process, I'm happy to say the Melex is alive and well. After reading up on the 12volt motor test I followed the instructions and found that my 36v motor was functioning. I then set out to find the reason it wasn't responding to throttle commands. Disconnected A2 from the motor and with the key on, checked both A1 & A2 for activity, A1 was hot in forward, not reverse, A2 was dead both ways. Removed the forward/reverse switch and found a melted contact point, I figured that it was in that condition due to a high resistance somewhere in the circuit. I then removed the resistor pack and found that one of the four leads was all but vaporized. I did a little cleanup magic to the copper contact and replaced all resistor leads. Reinstalled all motor cables and took her a maiden spin. Still have some tinkering to do but she is moving under her own power.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140406_100726.jpg (125.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20140406_141008.jpg (113.7 KB, 0 views)
Lumlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:39 PM   #15
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Glad to hear it Tony.
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
212, melex
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex