lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2021, 09:33 PM   #1
pchop4life
Not Yet Wild

Default 99 Club Car DS OBC Bypass

Have a 99 Club Car. recently did a obc bypass with a kit from goldcartgarage.com and also have a Summit Charger. Once I completed the bypass the solenoids won't click. I checked all the connections. Is there something I could possibly be missing that the instructions missed? I been researching and can't find anything out on the web...any help is much appreciated
pchop4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2021, 07:02 AM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: 99 Club Car DS OBC Bypass

I have a 2000 48 volt series drive cart and this is how I bypassed the OBC (from Sergio)

On the Series Cart (S/N: A00...), the OBC provided the negative side of the Solenoid activation circuit when the charger was not plugged.

You can just disconnect the "Yellow" wire from the Solenoid small post that goes to the OBC and tape it.

You then need to run a new wire (16 ga) from that Solenoid small post directly to pack negative or B-.

You also need to run the negative wire (10 ga) from the back of the charger receptacle directly to pack negative.

You can leave the sense "Grey" wire alone since it is not used by the DPI charger and it is not connected to anything inside their charger.

You just need to reverse that process later if You want to sell the cart with the original charger.

Sergio
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 09:38 AM   #3
pchop4life
Not Yet Wild

Golf cart garage is telling me my cart is a Regen and not a series. I have attached a picture of my controller and the 2 solenoids. Currently have the bypass and OBC disconnected I was checking all the connections.

But with the OBC in it clicks and moves but won't charge. With the bypass in it charges but won't click/move.

My charger is the summit charger
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210922_102449.jpg (162.2 KB, 0 views)
pchop4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 12:34 PM   #4
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

If you read through the obc bypass sticky, Sergio details how to do it on a regen 1/2..
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 12:41 PM   #5
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

For the Newbie in case you are unaware...To get to Sticky go to top of page and click on Home Button...Scroll down to Electric Club Car and Click...you will then see Sticky's down before the new forum post...I believe the very first Sticky for Electric Club car is OBC Bypass...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car