lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2021, 01:32 PM   #1
dreed55
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Older TXT Long travel lift

Does anyone have a long travel kit on their older TXT? I have an 01 that I am thinking about getting along travel kit for. Does it drive like a new club car? They drive really well with an A arm lift. I currently have a drop axle lift and the ride sucks so interested to see if the long travel helps. Thanks
dreed55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2021, 12:03 PM   #2
BlueChez1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Older TXT Long travel lift

I was wondering the same myself. I have a 96 TXT. I've looked at a kit but it stated that the width from outside to outside of the front tires would be an increase of 2-3 inches and I have an access gate that I need to make it through. I wasn't too keen on having my front tires wider than my rear as far as the aesthetics but I realized a day ago that my fronts are narrower than the backs by at least that much. I may reconsider.

The ride on the drop axle sucks!
BlueChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 01:22 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

01 is a cutover year for the front suspension on Ezgo so before you order make sure what you have. Older has a frame mounted steering box with 2 tie rods. Newer has a rack mounted to the axle. Long travel definitely rides better but it is still a cart and some people don’t want to spend the difference. If you are off-road a bunch it might be worth for the travel. It is definitely wider. We had to add 2” spacers to match the front.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 12:37 PM   #4
dreed55
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the replies fellas. Still looking for some more opinions if anyone has one for the ride quality, I do not like the idea of having to add spacers to match front wheels.
Old 07-20-2021, 04:21 PM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I put the Jakes LT on my 2000 TXT cart and it was one of the better upgrades. I use my cart for hunting and some of the places I go are pretty rutty. My kidney's thanked me after the upgrade.

The "issue" with a drop axel is they (drop axle kits) do nothing to increase the stock 3" of front end travel. You have the front end sitting higher, but still only 3" of travel. The Jakes kit gives you 6" of travel and that makes a big difference when going over rough surfaces.

Here's a few pics of when I installed mine:

I also had an issue with the increased wheel space. My "stock" tires (the one's in the pic) were 22x11x10. I swapped those out for a size 22x7x10 and put the slimmer tires on skinnier rims. My cart can, once again "fit" in-between my F-150 wheel wells when I load up the cart. And since the new front tires were knobby, I had better traction when steering as well as easier to turn steering.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:41 AM   #6
dreed55
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I put the Jakes LT on my 2000 TXT cart and it was one of the better upgrades. I use my cart for hunting and some of the places I go are pretty rutty. My kidney's thanked me after the upgrade.

The "issue" with a drop axel is they (drop axle kits) do nothing to increase the stock 3" of front end travel. You have the front end sitting higher, but still only 3" of travel. The Jakes kit gives you 6" of travel and that makes a big difference when going over rough surfaces.

Here's a few pics of when I installed mine:

I also had an issue with the increased wheel space. My "stock" tires (the one's in the pic) were 22x11x10. I swapped those out for a size 22x7x10 and put the slimmer tires on skinnier rims. My cart can, once again "fit" in-between my F-150 wheel wells when I load up the cart. And since the new front tires were knobby, I had better traction when steering as well as easier to turn steering.
Thanks for the info Dave really appreciate it!
Old 07-22-2021, 09:22 AM   #7
BlueChez1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I believe that the shock damping is also adjustable so it can be softened for the street.
BlueChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 10:46 AM   #8
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChez1 View Post
I believe that the shock damping is also adjustable so it can be softened for the street.
Yes. There are essentially two upper mounting holes for adjusting the ride. Whatever you do DO NOT think that air valve at the top of the shock is for adjusting anything!! These shocks are nitrogen filled and that's the valve for it.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO