lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2015, 01:06 AM   #11
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Absolutely smooth. Totally meets my expectations. 👍🏻🍻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2015, 12:18 PM   #12
The Engineer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: V-Glide to MCOR 4 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuttPutt View Post
Custom cart can"t find the serial # Club Car frame maybe early 95, V-Glide with 0-5k resistance signal , New AXE 4855 R8 controller, new batteries
Two previous posts about this cart:AXE controller not powering up (controller replaced) and Multi step pot rebuild. (jerky throttle response with new controller)

I looked at the conversion kit AM293201 but it states it will not work on the early 95 models with v-glide with 0-5k resistance signal.

Would the AM293201 kit work with this cart with the new controller set on 5k-0 resistance signal?
The quick answer is yes, but you must have a programmable controller such as the Alltrex AXE. I just finished the conversion on a Club Car that originally had a step resistor and has an AXE controller. On the early 95 pedal setup it took some cutting/drilling and a few other parts, but if you are resourceful and persistent, it can be made to work. My results were great. Very smooth throttle and the cart will creep without jerking. (We use our cart for hunting and need to ride slow to check out game tracks. However, the cart still has plenty of top end speed and torque as well.)
My first attempt at a replacement was a Curtis Model PB-6 throttle resistor (0-5k). However, it was not sealed and any humidity would cause the cart to jerk and jump.
More details to come...
The Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:49 PM   #13
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Engineer View Post
Curtis Model PB-6 throttle resistor (0-5k). However, it was not sealed and any humidity would cause the cart to jerk and jump.
More details to come...
I put in a conversion which I think is the pb 6 or 8 not sure. It works great but the moisture part is a concern. Time will tell.
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:25 PM   #14
smith2956
Not Yet Wild

I have a48 v club car ds A9540465157 I don't know who did it but I think they converted thev glide with a mcor but recently I have been having a problem with the throttle control surging and cutting off. I need help please
Gary Smith
Smith2956@gmail.com

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk
smith2956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:31 PM   #15
smith2956
Not Yet Wild

This is what is there now

Old 01-12-2019, 04:36 PM   #16
smith2956
Not Yet Wild

Not a great pic but it was hard to take it has a triangular gray connector connected to a back connector0112191240_HDR.jpg

Old 01-12-2019, 07:12 PM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Gary, that is an OEM Pot-Box throttle from yester-year. They left in mid-'96 for V-Glides. (MSP's). They were discontinued for parts several years ago so unless you have some old parts around to swap it, the only thing to do is an MCOR-4 conversion. Here it is https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...conversion-kit and if you call David he will walk you thru the whole installation process.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:04 AM   #18
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Gary,

That's just an old Pot Box. It's been discontinued, and as NoleFan4Ever said, the AM293201 MCOR 4 conversion kit is the correct replacement part for this situation. It comes complete with easy to follow factory instructions. If you need any more assistance, please feel free to call me. The phone line is always open 9-5ET M-F
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 06:43 AM   #19
GCS290
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Gary,

That's just an old Pot Box. It's been discontinued, and as NoleFan4Ever said, the AM293201 MCOR 4 conversion kit is the correct replacement part for this situation. It comes complete with easy to follow factory instructions. If you need any more assistance, please feel free to call me. The phone line is always open 9-5ET M-F
I have a customer that brought in a cart that is a complete hack job, it is A9608 488741, which looks like it was a V-Glide cart with resistors on the back. That is all removed, it is a 48v cart, has an OBC (which is only bypassed on the charging side), Has a black Club Car Reman controller (Which I haven't seen before), Looks like he used the upgrade Mcor 4 kit. I was wondering if what he has is even compatible, and if so does anyone have a complete wiring diagram for it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0071.jpg (175.3 KB, 0 views)
GCS290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car