lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #11
billymack
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV lowering kit

tman you have that cart done?
billymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2021, 02:06 PM   #12
southwade
Not Yet Wild

Zombie thread! Anyone have pics of the kit? I just talked to them and the lead time is 10-12 weeks minimum. I was thinking of fabbing something up myself.
southwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 07:38 AM   #13
bigseth
Not Yet Wild

I'd be interested I seeing it too.
bigseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:10 AM   #14
Rcarbonetti
Not Yet Wild

Ordered a kit from Roc. I’ll give it a go. Hoping my offset won’t make it look stupid!
Rcarbonetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 02:25 AM   #15
grandprixfamily
Not Yet Wild

I tried that kit, didn't like it, returned it. Frugal Dougals gave me much hassle about it too. It was a mess, and the company that made the kit was rather uncooperative as well. Lets just say, I was far from a satisfied customer with either one of them...

I found the kit to be poorly made. It was far too cumbersome how they made the rear lowering kit. Too many brackets. They significantly reduced frame to axle clearance, instead of just using U bolts. The big plates they want to use are overkill, heavy, and just a bizarre design.

The front spindles do not drop as much as they say. Gave the cart a saggy *** look. This was even after new springs, etc. Plus they push the front tires out too far. Makes the cart look a bit odd, instead of maintaining the original suspension geometry, and wheelbase. Why poke the front wheels out wider, there is no need for that. The carts bodylines are designed to be narrower in the front.

I ended up getting a cheap rear lift kit and flipping it over to lower the rear end 2 inches: (this is a very similar kit, its all basically the same idea. blocks, u bolts, thats it. stick the block above the spring and below the axle)
https://tinyurl.com/2p8pk9cw

I fabbed up brackets for the front shock towers, and made the front drop a bit over 2 inches for a nice even flat look. I maintain all original suspension travel, and no sag, droop, etc. Can even have 3 people on the back seat, and no rubbing. Used double leafs in the back, all new shocks/struts. rides smooth, but no tilt, like a sports car in the corners. like a sporty cart should ride.

If you have even a little bit of mechanical ability, a sawzall, and a drill, you can do what I did. I have a lot more tools, sure, but it really doesnt take much. I ordered the metal stock I used on ebay to make the front shock mounts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210414_130728.jpg (202.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210414_130722.jpg (200.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210414_130739.jpg (205.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210414_130805.jpg (226.0 KB, 0 views)
grandprixfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 09:23 PM   #16
cdzo72
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What I wanna do is lower mine BUT with bags so I can raise it when needed. Neighborhood has a lot of speeds bumps, driveway has a steep angle and several places I go have funky entrances... So I'd love an airbag suspension kinda like my Land Rover

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
cdzo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!