lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2007, 09:45 PM   #1
ezgocart
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 93 marathon fuel problem

Hi everyone looks like this is a great place to find answers to your cart problems. I have a 93 marathon with a 4cycle engine. I noticed that there was no fuel coming through the fuel filter so I put a new pump on. It still will not run. I cleaned the pickup tube in the tank, bypassed the filter, and cleaned out the vacum hose from the engine to the pump. It seems I have good vacum at the pump. Does anybody have any other suggestions?
ezgocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2007, 09:50 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: 93 marathon fuel problem

This may seem like a dumb question, but it's happened quite a few times. Is there gas in the tank?

From where did you get the fuel pump? If it's not OEM equipment, then it could still be faulty. If you got it from BU, send it back and run far, far away.

Your lower block compression could be low and not giving enough vacuum to run the pump. Does there look like an excess of grease/dirt/grime/oil anywhere on the engine?
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:42 PM   #3
todwil
TOD WILD

Default Re: 93 marathon fuel problem

since you said you replaced the pump and there hopefully is fuel in the tank.
If the cart has not run in a while the float maybe stuck the carb might need to come off and get a good cleaning also check the bowl vent hose and fuel lines for blockage. Sometimes you have to prime the pump, wd-40 works good for this just spray it in the port with the IN arrow...
todwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO