lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2020, 06:07 AM   #1
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO regen current and resistor circuit with Lithium Batteries?

What is the maximum Current or voltage that the RXV Regen Braking system or resistor control circuit is likely to see with a Curtis 235 and 350 controller?
I had a Navitas Tac 2 resistor circuit stick on and melted anything within 2 inches of the resistor that wasn't metal. I saw in excess of 110 amps on my meter when this happened. The controller is being replaced, but I want to make sure that it can handle the regen system and the BMS shutdown settings before I decide how to proceed.
Any thoughts on the matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
molfpedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2020, 03:18 PM   #2
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO regen current and resistor circuit with Lithium Batteries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by molfpedal View Post
What is the maximum Current or voltage that the RXV Regen Braking system or resistor control circuit is likely to see with a Curtis 235 and 350 controller?
I had a Navitas Tac 2 resistor circuit stick on and melted anything within 2 inches of the resistor that wasn't metal. I saw in excess of 110 amps on my meter when this happened. The controller is being replaced, but I want to make sure that it can handle the regen system and the BMS shutdown settings before I decide how to proceed.
Any thoughts on the matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
:t oot:
Old 06-10-2020, 07:25 AM   #3
johnabell67
Not Yet Wild

man not sure how youve had so many problems i have a basic wiring setup with 14 modules and i charge to 58volts and rip the **** out of it with no issues at all so far been in for 2 months maybe drive it almost everyday weather permitting
johnabell67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 10:49 AM   #4
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnabell67 View Post
man not sure how youve had so many problems i have a basic wiring setup with 14 modules and i charge to 58volts and rip the **** out of it with no issues at all so far been in for 2 months maybe drive it almost everyday weather permitting
Still the first problem. Nobody seems to be able to answer a question so I keep posting it in different ways to try and get a response. Everybody seems to be a little afraid of it. I didn't have any issues until I put in the Navitas Controller.
Just trying to get information.

Tags
lithium, resistor, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium