lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2020, 02:28 PM   #11
fstop
Gone Wild

Default Re: Roypow Lithium Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixbros View Post
This has been a long awaited thread.... I recently purchased a Roypow Lithium 51V56AH battery pack. I spent $1411 total to have it shipped to my door (2 day shipping too!). That included the battery and mounting brackets (which haven't arrived yet, but I made a temporary install mount).
Forgot to ask - was this including the charger or was that additional or involve trading old charger etc...?
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2020, 03:12 PM   #12
Haddixbros
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
Forgot to ask - was this including the charger or was that additional or involve trading old charger etc...?
Ni charger included. I alreadt had a smart charger that could handle it

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Haddixbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 03:14 PM   #13
Haddixbros
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Glad you've got it installed and you're happy with it.

Looking at your spreadsheets, it looks like on flat ground you're seeing some pretty significant voltage sag during what I presume to be the beginning of a full acceleration run. You are of course pulling almost 600amps from the battery, but I can't imagine that is doing the pack any good. While the BMS is allowing it (since it's very short term) I think I'd consider limiting the current in the controller setup.

I realize you're testing things out at this point, but IIRC the 56ah pack has less allowable max current delivery spec'd than the 105 (and the 160 possibly - not sure on this).

I have no idea what pulling that kind of amperage will do long term (or if just doing it occasionally will have much impact - I think it could very possibly be detrimental though). It seems to me that seeing a drop of 10v +, or 20% with a (presumably) fully charged lithium pack - even short term - may indicate the pack is being pushed beyond intended parameters? I don't know what the ambient temperature was (M temp on your spreadsheet indicates around 78f, but don't know if "M" is motor or ambient), but I'd for sure be careful pulling that kind of current in cooler temps. This based on the cell specs themselves.

Total guessing on my part, but I'd be careful. I'm glad it's delivering that kind of power with apparently no complaints - that's a seriously strong performance!

Thanks for posting all the detailed information and spreadsheet data.
I had the same concerns. Fortunately, It comes with a 5 year warranty. So if it fails before then I'll just have another one sent my way! If it makes it to 5 years, then I got my money's worth

Old 02-20-2020, 03:39 PM   #14
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Quote:
I had the same concerns. Fortunately, It comes with a 5 year warranty. So if it fails before then I'll just have another one sent my way! If it makes it to 5 years, then I got my money's worth

Thank you for posting your results!

Has anyone confirmed that you can still use the warranty if you install it yourself versus having a dealer install it?
Nolagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 04:26 PM   #15
Haddixbros
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolagt View Post
Thank you for posting your results!

Has anyone confirmed that you can still use the warranty if you install it yourself versus having a dealer install it?
Hmmm. Thats a good question. My "dealer" was 2 states away. So theres no way he couldve done that. However, Id be hard pressed to say theres little you could do to mess up the install

Old 02-20-2020, 04:28 PM   #16
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:

I agree - the warranty is of huge value on these.

It is prorated though, so if in 2.5 years you begin to see diminished performance, they'll only spot you for 1/2 of it.

I agree with you though - I likely won't have this cart in 5 years, but I'd be happy with the battery just for the performance part of it. Warranty is icing on the cake, but to many less extreme minded buyers, warranty will be a major factor.

Glad it is meeting your expectations!
Old 02-20-2020, 04:31 PM   #17
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Hmmm. Thats a good question. My "dealer" was 2 states away. So theres no way he couldve done that. However, Id be hard pressed to say theres little you could do to mess up the install

I dealt directly with RoyPow for a while, and still have a back and forth with them. I purchased through a dealer, but one RoyPow put me on.

My RoyPow guy has never indicated there would be an issue with warranty if self-installed. Dealer never mentioned it either (but these are new to him).

They might begin to implement something like that later, but it is not stated in the current warranty document anywhere. So I'd say they'd be hard pressed to try and deny warranty for something that wasn't laid out in the "fine print". Folks I've corresponded with are good people - I wouldn't expect any issues, but nobody knows what might be going on 3 years from now...
Old 02-20-2020, 05:36 PM   #18
ryanfoster34
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for putting this together. As you know, it's quite the hot topic and lots of interested parties like myself!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
ryanfoster34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:05 PM   #19
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Quote:
I dealt directly with RoyPow for a while, and still have a back and forth with them. I purchased through a dealer, but one RoyPow put me on.

My RoyPow guy has never indicated there would be an issue with warranty if self-installed. Dealer never mentioned it either (but these are new to him).

They might begin to implement something like that later, but it is not stated in the current warranty document anywhere. So I'd say they'd be hard pressed to try and deny warranty for something that wasn't laid out in the "fine print". Folks I've corresponded with are good people - I wouldn't expect any issues, but nobody knows what might be going on 3 years from now...
I agree and the warranty is not THE most important thing but I do like that it has one but I know with other things they like to say if you install it you dont have one. I emailed roypow and asked the direct question and it was never answered. I know there is a language barrier as well so I stopped trying. I was just wondering if any of yall ever heard anything on it.
Nolagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:27 PM   #20
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolagt View Post
I agree and the warranty is not THE most important thing but I do like that it has one but I know with other things they like to say if you install it you dont have one. I emailed roypow and asked the direct question and it was never answered. I know there is a language barrier as well so I stopped trying. I was just wondering if any of yall ever heard anything on it.

I got an email today saying further delays in shipments maybe until June before they get full stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, lithium, roypow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium