lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2020, 12:09 PM   #121
ecpchris
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Roypow Lithium Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning8U View Post
Anyone looking for RoyPow lithium batteries in Texas??? Please send me a DM!!!
I am. Maybe because I'm new to the forum, but can't send you a PM
ecpchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2020, 01:25 PM   #122
Lightning8U
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecpchris View Post
I am. Maybe because I'm new to the forum, but can't send you a PM
Hi ecpchris - Welcome to the forum!

I can answer any questions you have, and if I don't know the answer, I will do my best to track it down! Look forward to talking with you!
Lightning8U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 09:54 AM   #123
Cahlheim
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs24 View Post
Anyone know how to get RoyPow batteries to Missouri?
Also curious about getting RoyPow in Missouri (st Louis specifically). Reached out to RoyPow directly and the local dealer they recommended wont return my message (gateway carts). Thanks in advance!
Cahlheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:27 AM   #124
BeardsBySarg
Not Yet Wild

Anyone have any pictures of a 160AH in an RXV? Is there anything you had to remove or cut out to make the 160ah fit?
BeardsBySarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 11:28 AM   #125
hyamie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So when you get one of these Roypow packs they come with everything you need? BMS, charger and you just take out the series of battery cables and hook up the two main cables to the roypow? what does the 160AH cost roughly?
hyamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:26 PM   #126
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Yep, BMS is enclosed in the box. I have to make a box around it (wood) to keep as much dirt/moisture out of the compartment as possible. I ran the battery meter wires up to dash (had to cut hole a little bigger), plugged the pos. & neg up and took off ! Easy. The 160 was too large to fit in my compartment without lots of cutting/welding, so I got the 105ah and am very happy with the results.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:30 PM   #127
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Charger is included. It charged battery up from 2 bars (out of 10) in 4 hours! Would have taken about 12 hours with my old FLA batteries. It charged up to about 8 bars in about an hour. it's 360 pounds lighter also.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 01:47 PM   #128
jcast666
Not Yet Wild

So what is the difference between the S55105 and the S5105P?? Price?
jcast666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:30 PM   #129
billymack
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Found another Roy Pow positive
The crate they come in doubles as a shop stool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
billymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:07 AM   #130
Bentley Meredith
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

My apologies if I am asking question in the wrong way or thread. But this thread seemed to really match what I am trying to get done. I have a 2011 Yamaha G-28 I have been told (YXDRE). I put new lead batteries in about 20 months ago and am wait to hear if they are bad from dealer, good by $900. I wont get into the detail of the dealer trying to sell me on Lithium before the cart was off the trailer. But after doing very minor research I am done with lead.

I was hoping you guys could educate me. The dealer uses roy pow. I was wondering if you all could advise me on several points. My cart is raised and has what I call knobby tire on it. It will be driven on mostly flat gravel roads, with very minor inclines for maybe 500 feet (4%). My questions are:

What Series should I be using?
The batteries should come with a BMS?
(here is where the real novice questions start)Should I have other "options (or hardware)" to manage the batteries?
As far as charging and use, do I use the cart till it gets to X% and then plug back in and charge, of do I tool around my usual 3-4 miles everyday like normal and plug in at night like I used to with the lead?
And I realize this one is very subjective, but any help will stop me from being bent over. How much should it cost including installation and charger?

Thank you so much and I hope I have not offended the OP or moderators by posting here
Bentley Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, lithium, roypow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium