lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2020, 12:10 AM   #231
mattkovo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Anyone tried RoyPow lithium kit yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anpgator View Post
We stock them in NW Fl but currently do not have any interest in shipping. $1900 shipped including the charger for the 105ah would be a very minimal profit. They must be doing very high volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm headed that way this weekend. Do you have any in stock?
mattkovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2020, 12:38 PM   #232
mattkovo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by folseman View Post
Her name is Anny and her email is 178777946@qq.com.

Here is the url to their site - https://haomibattery.en.alibaba.com/...14cf4232hKfCze

You can also find them on Alibaba.

I知 not sure what they available right now, but she値l be able to tell you.
Did you get this built? What case did you put it in if so?
Old 07-07-2020, 10:16 AM   #233
mattkovo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

Here is the url to their site - https://haomibattery.en.alibaba.com/...14cf4232hKfCze

I'm curious if you built the battery yet and what kind of box did you put it in.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:40 PM   #234
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

RoyPow thread brother... contact him directly!
Zeusmotorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 12:14 PM   #235
iSpotOn2
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Anyone tried RoyPow lithium kit yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkerle View Post
I'm guessing you saw Jerry's post on GCMod? We paired it with a Navitas 5kw AC kit.

It runs pretty well. The same cart with new Trojans went 0-20mph in 5.9 seconds. After installing the RoyPow pack it ran 0-20 in just over 3 seconds. Major power boost however its not as powerful as a diy lithium setup. The RoyPow pack is limited to 250amps discharge. If you go over that the pack shuts down to protect it.

It's a pretty good buy, if I wasnt as electrically inclined as I am I would definitely consider it. It comes with a 5 year warranty too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I have had the RoyPow S51105 51V/105Ah since late April 2020 on our 2013 EZGO RXV, the battery, (yes singular - one battery), is performing very good.

Make certain to have the OEM State of Charge, SoC, meter installed with the battery. The existing lead acid battery SoC meter is mostly useless as the power/voltage curve is linear to near the end of the battery's capacity.

I also have ran the numbers on the 60 to 65 mile range OEM claim and based on the meters reading vs. miles travel the claim is accurate.
iSpotOn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 12:22 AM   #236
AussieInSeattle
Getting Wild

Quote:

@folseman I think I found your cells at that link and the specs say max discharge (short burst) of 300amps and up to 3 minutes at 228amps. I think i saw you were running an AllTrax so guess you'll just set your peak to 300?

This is the spec sheet I was looking at:
https://sc01.alicdn.com/kf/H824bc9c7...2C.jpg_q50.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
AussieInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:45 AM   #237
Gpaq17
Not Yet Wild

Anyone have any updates on lithium upgrades after using them for a while?
Gpaq17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:56 AM   #238
Lightning8U
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpaq17 View Post
Anyone have any updates on lithium upgrades after using them for a while?
I've been running a RoyPow lithium for several months on my EZGO TXT. I have a stock motor, Alltrax 500 amp controller (programmed to 460 amps), 1/0 gauge cables, and I am running 30 mph on 22" tires with great torque. Real-world range is 16-24 miles (with sound system, lights, and other accessories) depending on driving style and terrain. I previously had Trojan T-875s and would get 8-13 miles on a full charge down to 48.5v-18.4v.
Lightning8U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:10 AM   #239
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning8U View Post
I've been running a RoyPow lithium for several months on my EZGO TXT. I have a stock motor, Alltrax 500 amp controller (programmed to 460 amps), 1/0 gauge cables, and I am running 30 mph on 22" tires with great torque. Real-world range is 16-24 miles (with sound system, lights, and other accessories) depending on driving style and terrain. I previously had Trojan T-875s and would get 8-13 miles on a full charge down to 48.5v-18.4v.
What size Roypow...105ah?
Nolagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:47 PM   #240
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning8U View Post
I think you are talking about a 105ah battery?

Range is dependent on numerous factors, but as another data point to your 16-24 mile figure, my test produced 44 miles.

Conditions were: Onward cart, 23" tires, Navitas 600a controller / AC 5KW motor, Speed capped for test at 22.5mph (70% of mileage for test was at that speed - rest was stop and go - no tire chirping acceleration - just "normal" neighborhood driving). All paved roads / paths. No hills. One person onboard. 100% charge to start. Test end just as last bar went out (per-cell voltage still in a "safe" state at that point).

This was a cool weather test during winter (around 60f) - warmer weather will increase range slightly (and that has proven to be the case for me).

I tested carefully and recorded voltage at each "drop" of a SOC bar on the RoyPow SOC meter, and drove the same way for the entire test (test completed all at one time).

With temperatures in the 90s where I am now, my range is around 5 miles / bar under similar speeds / conditions to my original test, where then it was around 4.4 or so.

You can search back for a very detailed report I posted around January or February of this (2020) year if you want to learn more about range and driving conditions when using this battery.

If you go WOT everywhere you go you'll go less far. If you stick to stock speeds, you'll go farther. Drive with some of both - well, somewhere in between.

As an aside, I did some basic tests before I changed to the Navitas AC system, and at test speeds in the low 20s it used less watts per mile than the stock Club Car motor / controller did, so not sure how Alltrax DC motors / controllers fare. I would assume AC drive is likely somewhat more efficient at all speeds, but I only tested for this in the low 20s - it may be less of an advantage at higher speeds, or have none at all - Not sure.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium