lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2019, 08:20 PM   #1
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Alibaba Lithium for a Navitas 72V AC System

I currently have a fuel injected Precedent with the governor set at 32 mph. (just below the rev limiter with 23” tires). Love the cart, but am tired of the noise associated with the gas engine. So have purchased an older electric Precedent that I am building with the new Navitas 600A AC controller and motor. (That way I can keep the performance, all my goodies, and Curtis enclosure)

I have been in contact with several lithium battery manufacturers in China through Alibaba and have tentatively decided on the attached pack.

There is so much knowledge on this site (and I have little to no experience with lithium batteries) so I decided to ask for some input....

The following is the battery spec as quoted, and they are including a matching charger, gauge, and DC to DC converter.

They confirmed through separate email that it will support 300-400 amps for 30 seconds....and greater than 2,000 cycles....

1. Model
IFR100mAh-23S1P

2. Standard capacity(0.5C)
Typical:100.0Ah
Min:100.0Ah

3. Rated voltage
72.0V

4. Max.Charge voltage
≤83.95V(standard:83.95V)

5. Cut-off voltage
57.5V

6. Standard charge current
15.0A

7. Rated Continuous discharge current
100.0A

8. Max continuous discharge
current
≤200.0A

9. Cut-offcurrent
500A

10.(Max, at 1000Hz.)
Impedance(Max, at 1000Hz.)
≤ 150mΩ

11. Battery dimension
MAX L650×W360×H280mm

12. Weight(approx)
65kg

13. Mass ratio of energy
148Wh/Kg

14. Interface
315#10

15. Charge method (CC/CV)
Standard
0℃~50℃
Humidity
5%~80%

Storage
-10℃~50℃
dougrobling is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2019, 07:42 AM   #2
fstop
Gone Wild

Default Re: Alibaba Lithium for a Navitas 72V AC System

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougrobling View Post
I currently have a fuel injected Precedent with the governor set at 32 mph. (just below the rev limiter with 23” tires). Love the cart, but am tired of the noise associated with the gas engine. So have purchased an older electric Precedent that I am building with the new Navitas 600A AC controller and motor. (That way I can keep the performance, all my goodies, and Curtis enclosure)

I have been in contact with several lithium battery manufacturers in China through Alibaba and have tentatively decided on the attached pack.

There is so much knowledge on this site (and I have little to no experience with lithium batteries) so I decided to ask for some input....

The following is the battery spec as quoted, and they are including a matching charger, gauge, and DC to DC converter.

They confirmed through separate email that it will support 300-400 amps for 30 seconds....and greater than 2,000 cycles....

1. Model
IFR100mAh-23S1P

2. Standard capacity(0.5C)
Typical:100.0Ah
Min:100.0Ah

3. Rated voltage
72.0V

4. Max.Charge voltage
≤83.95V(standard:83.95V)

5. Cut-off voltage
57.5V

6. Standard charge current
15.0A

7. Rated Continuous discharge current
100.0A

8. Max continuous discharge
current
≤200.0A

9. Cut-offcurrent
500A

10.(Max, at 1000Hz.)
Impedance(Max, at 1000Hz.)
≤ 150mΩ

11. Battery dimension
MAX L650×W360×H280mm

12. Weight(approx)
65kg

13. Mass ratio of energy
148Wh/Kg

14. Interface
315#10

15. Charge method (CC/CV)
Standard
0℃~50℃
Humidity
5%~80%

Storage
-10℃~50℃
Looks like a capable pack. What is the cost?

I have the Navitas 5KW AC conversion in my lifted Onward with 23" tires, and my feeling is that it is starved for voltage using a standard 48V FLA pack. My cart hits 31, maybe 32 if you have no wind and a little luck (which is fast, so I'm not really looking for more, but think it should do more - the motor is 72 lbs!), and the low end isn't really impressive, but it's pretty decent. Again, for my use not way off the mark, but if someone has hills or plans to do any offroading (I don't have or do either) they won't be happy.

With 58V, 63V, or 72V though, I think that's where this thing will come into it's own, and probably these more extreme builds is what it is really for.

Maybe I should have looked into the 4KW motor for my otherwise stock (except solenoid and wires) cart as maybe it would be better for my use, but there isn't a lot of info out there I could find on either one really.

I think you are on the right track for getting the gas like power you want (and more) out of a silent cart with the high voltage approach.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 02:46 PM   #3
DavidO8915
Not Yet Wild

Looks as if Im building a similar Navitas setup. Did you purchase this battery and if so how is the performance. Thanks for the info.
DavidO8915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 10:25 AM   #4
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

Smile Re: Alibaba Lithium for a Navitas 72V AC System

Everything is built, but waiting on the battery. It is scheduled for production this week, and will then take approximately 4 weeks to get here after that.

Trying to be patient...😁

Really impressed with the performance of the AC unit even with old lead acid batteries of unknown origin and condition. Cruises easily at 35 (where I set the upper limit) on level ground and only drops to about 25 on the hills. Hopefully the new battery will let me keep the speed on the hilly sections as well.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:59 AM   #5
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

Installed the battery yesterday and took it for a spin. I set the max speed at 40mph and it gets there quickly. It will even maintain that speed up small inclines, and only dropped to 34 on the steepest hills.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:33 AM   #6
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougrobling View Post
Installed the battery yesterday and took it for a spin. I set the max speed at 40mph and it gets there quickly. It will even maintain that speed up small inclines, and only dropped to 34 on the steepest hills.
Man - that's a serious power source there!

A few questions -

Did you fabricate that bracket on the bottom of the tub to fit the steel case of the pack or did that come with the pack?

The meter in one of the photos shows 69v - isn't that "low" for a 72v nominal pack?

Does the pack use the same + and - cables for charge and discharge?

Have you looked inside the steel pack case? Any photos of what's in there?

Which tires / wheels are you using and how quiet / smooth are they on the street?

What enclosure do you have on the cart - looks great! Really nice build!
Old 02-14-2020, 10:07 AM   #7
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post

Have you looked inside the steel pack case? Any photos of what's in there?
I dont know if they all look the same on the inside or not (I bet they do for the most part) but a company on alibaba had a vid posted so I did a screen grab.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg batery.jpg (187.2 KB, 0 views)
Nolagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:24 AM   #8
fstop
Gone Wild

I'm guessing the cells in this pack are likely rectangular - be interested to see the BMS and whatever else is in there as well.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:41 PM   #9
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

I welded at the battery frame to match the size of battery, and bolt through to the frame underneath.

The meter was reading 69%

Yes, It came with two cables leaving the enclosure.

I have not opened the "box"

22x10R14 Road Hawk radials. I went with 14's so that they could be balanced at a local tire shop. My old sets I tried were louder and shook above 32 or so... These are very quiet and rode well. That might change as I just put the HD springs back under the rear, because it seemed to roll more with the standard duty .

That is a Curtis cab. Very nice and allows us to use the cart all year. It doesn't work with normal rear seats, so I kept the old foot rest and welded a frame and mounted two tractor seats to it. Great idea, as they are much more stable feeling when riding there.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:11 PM   #10
808cartman
Not Yet Wild

nice system. i am also interested in a lithium conversion. did this battery come with a charger?

how did you communicate with the seller?

I seen the pack on alibaba but it is in a different language nothing in english.

any updates on this project would be great.

thanks for sharing
808cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium