lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2018, 12:49 PM   #21
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS lithium upgrade and 4-Link

Your seat back supports are a little different. Mine don't have the kick-out. I had him put a 17 degree back angle on the top and the back plate tucked in right behind the supports. Bolts then went through seat brackets and back plate.

Next time you need to cut plate aluminum, use a circular saw and a carbide tipped blade. It'll cut like butter. Or course a straight edge is recommended as well as going slow. Makes a heck of a noise but as smooth as can get.

I'll be following the rest of your build. You're going to love the weight loss and increased run time. My speed also increased significantly but I went from 36V.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2018, 09:19 PM   #22
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Started on the suspension today because I'd love to have that fabbed up and installed before putting the pack in the cart and wiring it up.

I'll be using some 1/8" angle steel to make brackets to weld my shock mount tabs to. Then I'll bolt the steel to the frame since I don't have the ability to weld aluminum.

I cut a 5" length and a 6" length to weld into a "L" shape.
20180922_170948.jpg

The vertical 6" section will be bolted to the frame. The 5" horizontal section will have the shock tabs welded to it to secure the top of the coilover and I'll weld tabs as far to the outside of the axle as possible to secure the bottom of the coilover.
20180922_185619.jpg

Added a small gusset for a little extra strength. This is how it'll be secured to the frame when finished.
20180922_194109.jpg
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:08 PM   #23
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Extended the temp sensor last night using 22ga wire. 22ga is very small so you can image how small this temp sensor from Zeva is. They include about 2" of wire from the sensor for you to add your length.

TempSensorExtended.jpg

I placed mine between the 3rd and 4th batteries with a dab of silicone.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:16 PM   #24
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Started removing the rear leafs, block lift and shocks and cleaned up the left side in prep for welding the hiem mounting tabs.

RearEnd.jpg

Had to remove the motor to keep the axle from twisting on me. Slid off like butter thanks to some copper antisieze I applied to the trans shaft when I installed this motor. I forgot how heavy it is.

The motor looks really clean to me. Anybody see anything in the windings I should be concerned with?

Motor.jpg
Motor2.jpg
Old 09-26-2018, 02:18 PM   #25
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
-snip-
Anybody see anything in the windings I should be concerned with?
That looks perfect!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:27 PM   #26
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Thanks Nole!
Old 10-01-2018, 08:07 AM   #27
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Ran all the wires from the tap harness to the BMS and mounted the BMS to the side plate using double sided adhesive tape. I solder tinned all the wires from each cell before placing them in the Molex connector and screwing them down to prevent any short circuit from a stray wire after stripping. Afterwards, when everything was how I wanted, I went back and placed a dab of blue thread locker on each bolt for peace of mind. Getting there, slowly but surely.

TerminalCovers.jpg

BMSTapHarness.jpg

BMSWired.jpg

BMSandCovers.jpg

Edit: sorry, not sure why my pics came out sideways that time.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:30 AM   #28
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've noticed anytime I post a picture that is bigger than 600 x 600 pixels, they show up sideways. I make a "copy" of the picture I want to post, go to edit and resize the pixels accordingly and they show up correctly
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:07 PM   #29
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Any type of resizing will wipe out the embedded code from Iphones and let the picture be straight. (Sergio passed that on to me a while back)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:10 PM   #30
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Im using Android.

I've tried rotating the picture 360 degrees to see if that works to no avail. So I've been emailing the pics to myself, saving the download and renaming them which had worked thus far until now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium