lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
MartinEZGo
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 98 TXT value

New problem. Two weeks ago, on our way home from a camping trip my cart batteries got bounced around on the BlueOx platform on the back of our 5th wheel. One of the battery hold down tabs was broken so I was unable to use them. Two busted batteries, spotted wheels due to acid, spotted wheel flares and a $4700 Honda CRV paint job due to my wife following me home later.....I'm sick. The car is in the shop being painted and I have ground off the broken tab and built a new one that will be welded on tomorrow. My question is this.....from my previous post that ScottyB and some other great forum minds were helping me with (which was a loss of power), what should I do? It is a 98 TXT with good paint, light kit, 6" lift kit, 12" wheels with 23" tires, rear seat and new batteries. At this point, I still need new cables, FnR switch and controller to give it the needed kick for the tire size. Is it time to sale it and buy a newer cart? What would it be worth? I know it seems like a lot of questions but I want some of you guys opinions. I could sell mine, without the wheels and tires and switch them to a newer cart with a lift kit installed maybe. Thoughts?
MartinEZGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #2
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 98 TXT value

UUUUUUUUUGH... Man that Sucks... Not sure what to tell you about the price of the cart or what to do as far as selling it... I am sending and Insurance deductable condolence to you... hope it all works out for you...
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:27 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

And here I thought this country was safe from acid attacks.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:54 AM   #4
dmi518
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That sucks. There are a lot of carts running around with no hold downs, people don't realize what could happen. Hell, i never even thought about what happen to you being a possibilty.

Price on these varies a lot by location, season etc..
Your cart looks clean. i personally would do the upgrades and keep the txt, im sure even a new one will require some upgrades once you start adding larger tires and weight from back seat. At least you know what you have and aren't possibly buying someone else headache.
dmi518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #5
MartinEZGo
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks guys. It really made me want to puke. I turned into a 10 year old for a few minutes throwing the ramp (which bent when unloading the cart) and straps across the yard. But I collected myself and retired to the back deck for a half hour or so and calmed down. It's a true testimate to the horrible condition of the highways today. Needless to say, it was a hard lesson to learn and aneven harder pill to swallow. In a way, I'm glad it was my wife following me so I didn't get hit up by the police or another driver and a law suit. Thanks for the condolences Subby and sorry for the acid attack Yurtle....lol. I am now a poster child for battery hold downs and their advantages. I'm kind of leaning the same way D, technically it will always be a 98 TXT but I can install new guts and make it a new cart. I have a friend with an '05 PDS and they keep having problems with it over heating so it does worry me with what I might end up with. Now, to convince the wife of the same thoughts. Wish me luck.....
MartinEZGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #6
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

Martin, I would keep the cart, get with scottyb and get a controller pkg upgrade. It will have the solenoid with it. I did this and it gave my ezgo a lot of pep... my controller is an alltrax 400 amp pkg. it is large enough to upgrade the batt. pack to 48 it was priced well and i am happy with the product. the cables will be the cheapest part for you. However they could make the biggest difference to the cart.. hope all goes well for you..
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO