lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
johnunger1001
Not Yet Wild

Default 1998 Club Car ds will not move. please help

I have a 1998 Club car ds 48 volt cart. It was missing one battery when i bought it. I put 1 new battery in. All batteries hold a good 8.6 charge. I have power all over the cart At the motor i have 52 volts at every port. I just installed a new motor and still the tires will hardly turn . Very slow with the rear end jacked up and not move on the ground. Any ideas will help. Thanks guys.
johnunger1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
coondog 2010
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1998 Club Car ds will not move. please help

i just went thru the same thing on my 97 ds check the pot to make sure that is working correctly but mine was the controller i had the stock curtis controller changed it and now im back up and going might not be the same problem but sounds the same
coondog 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:21 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

try jumping your solenoid with cart jacked up to see if you gain speed also make sure brakes and cables arn,t hanging up............i have seen 1 cart act up like this with a very weak solenoid but its something you don,t see everyday..........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

If its got the original solenoid which is 12 years old I would say its your problem.It is probably just weak.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:31 PM   #5
johnunger1001
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys, The solenoid works fine. I jumped it just to make sure and still the same thing. Wheels just turn very slow and not enoupph power to turn the wheels on the ground> Do you know what the voltage sound be at the pot. .
Old 07-19-2010, 10:14 AM   #6
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

JOHNUNGER1001 You didnt say whether your cart is series or regen, when asking for info PLEASE ALWAYS GIVE FOLLOWING make, year, model- series or regen ( SERIES F&R lever below right leg ) or ( REGEN F&R rocker switch in same location ) and if not sure give serial number on frame under passenger glove box. This eliminates the guess work of diagnosing your problems for forum members.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
johnunger1001
Not Yet Wild

It has F&R lever below right leg and 1998 club car ds. I tried to test the solenoid and i think I fryed it. It doesnt click anymore. How can i get the resisters for it
Old 07-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #8
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

There is "only one resistor" for the 48 volt cart that goes across both large studs on solenoid, its a 470 OHM 10 Watt Resistor unit. There is a "DIODE" depending on whether stock or HD ( Stock 70-100 AMP is 1N4004 1 AMP ) ( HD 200 Amps and UP is 1N5408 3 AMPS ) and it goes across the small terminals of solenoid with "WHITE OR SILVER BAND ON DIODE" toward the battery input side of solenoid.
Any cart dealer, repair shop should have them in stock. Also they could be gotten at places like Radio Shack but most Shacks dont know what your talking about and cost from dealers is not that bad, so why take a chance?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:46 PM   #9
johnunger1001
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all your help. Im going to take it to a local shop tomorrowfor repair. I just keep replacing parts trying to find out the problem when a cart machanic could go right to it.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:57 PM   #10
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i,m not saying this to be rude so please don,t take it that way........just because your taking it to a shop don,t think they,ll know just what to do...........there are plenty of us here who know way much more than some so called shop techs.............so try and feel them out to see if they have a clue....................lots of shops do nothing more than start replacing parts but their good at giving you excuses as to why they had to replace 400 dollars worth of good parts for a 16 dollar part...............and let them know that you do know a thing or two about carts.......i would just hate to see ya go in thinking they,ll preform a act of god and hit ya with a bill that will drop your socks.................good luck and please post what findings they come up with.............................................. ..
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car